New Kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: New Kit

Post by Mark62 »

Think they're both tremendous simple uncomplicated and can be worn away from match days without looking like you're working on the motorway
rjjonah

Post by rjjonah »

My first post on this forum and seems appropriate for it to be about the best kits in a long time, Kukri have done us proud imo.

Regarding the Stihl logo, in my experience of ordering club kits with company logos, most seem to be very protective of their corporate branding, but I still love the kit
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

So it's the kit that was shown in the game 2 months ago, a lot of build up as it had already been revealed, I don't mind it although I do wish that it where hoops rather than just plain on the back looks a bit incomplete and swoop the shorts around, but better than a lot of the other teams kits.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

dunks43 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:28 am Those suggesting its going to be adidas in a year...afraid not , announcement says the Kukri deal is a 2 year contract
I think the concerns about Kukri have largely disappeared now they've shown they can design a kit which doesn't hurt the eyes when looked upon. Two kits that'll keep 95% of the fans happy and I'd imagine they'll sell well. I wonder will these be kept for more than the one year? Probably not, we'll probably get something neon again next season.
DCATsOLDMAN

Post by DCATsOLDMAN »

Judging by the Facebook page, it's not 95%. Nay sayers are pointing to the proliferation of sponsors' names on the shirts, as a major reason for disliking them. Commercial reality still has not arrived in the minds of many Tigers' fans it seems.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:16 am Think they're both tremendous simple uncomplicated and can be worn away from match days without looking like you're working on the motorway
Two votes from our house, exactly our comments, trad looking kit and one we both could buy if the build quality is good. But will there be a good quality fan shirt? Still wearing me Cotton Traders 2008.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

DCATsOLDMAN wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:50 am Judging by the Facebook page, it's not 95%. Nay sayers are pointing to the proliferation of sponsors' names on the shirts, as a major reason for disliking them. Commercial reality still has not arrived in the minds of many Tigers' fans it seems.
and in terms of sponsors it fits the shirt fairly well only Stihl orange box doesn't fit IMO.
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

Anyone know what material the Classic Jerseys are made from, especially for those of us who don't want a shiny, slippery player type?
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

I like it - lets just hope the material isn't wafer thin like the previous incarnations.
mindyourhead

Post by mindyourhead »

From the images that have been released by the club so far I like the new kit - particularly the new home kit. Yes, there are more sponsor logos on it nowadays and I'm not a fan of that, but I am realistic. The club needs the money that sponsorship brings, so we have to live with the commercial realities of the modern era. On balance, a few more logos on the kit is a small price to pay.
SteakdinnerforAyerza

Post by SteakdinnerforAyerza »

Really like both the new kits - retro and kit looks better quality. But, the online store is up to its old tricks again...No accurate size guide (still Kooga) and can't select a player's name to have on shirt. :smt017 :smt017 :smt017
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Such a good move to release the new kit just after Saints! Anything but that!

Generally ok but - would have preferred more stripes and like hoops that go all the way round. I accept the reality of sponsors' logos but pity we couldn't persuade Stihl to 'blend in' a bit. Happy with green shorts rather than white but would have picked black socks - a nod to tradition. Quite like the alternative white kit.

Win the Premier League and the Champion's Cup and the kit can become a 'classic'! :smt026
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Thumbs up from me.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Quite like both but not completely sold on the thick black stripes on the home shirt, more white and red would have been better in my opinion, but not enough of an issue to switch me off it.

Away kit reminiscent of the recent Euro shirt - that got one (I think) run out - like it though.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Think they are both really good. Now a choice between which one?? Hoping Mrs F realises this dilemma and assists me by diving into her purse and treats me to one..fingers crossed and hopes spring enternal and all that!!
Not fussed by the sponsors logos. By having them we can pay for top players and facilities. Not sure what the fuss is really. All about Mr Stihl saying I will give you a load of cash and you can put my name on your shirt..thanks.. win win for both sides.
There is never any points for 2nd place...