New Kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Seal
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: New Kit

Post by Seal »

Stocking was not the club's issue, that was all with kitbag.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 1:56 pmI often think someone must get backhanded deals from this as from a fan perspective the decisions made are awful..surely we should have all the decent brands wanting to make our kit with our fanbase?
Why is it backhand? How much was put on top of the table compared with other prospective suppliers? Unless you know this you are simply making a nasty innuendo JFJ.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

h's dad wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:51 am
JackFlashJonny wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 1:56 pmI often think someone must get backhanded deals from this as from a fan perspective the decisions made are awful..surely we should have all the decent brands wanting to make our kit with our fanbase?
Why is it backhand? How much was put on top of the table compared with other prospective suppliers? Unless you know this you are simply making a nasty innuendo JFJ.
Nasty innuendo :smt003 Me... :smt003 Think you have me confused with someone else HD :smt023

All I am saying is in my opinion we have had cr@p kit makers for years now someone must be making some money otherwise why would we?
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:54 am
h's dad wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:51 am
Nasty innuendo :smt003 Me... :smt003 Think you have me confused with someone else HD :smt023

All I am saying is in my opinion we have had cr@p kit makers for years now someone must be making some money otherwise why would we?
I may not have used the most courteous wording but, unlike so many other areas of life, I see no evidence that anybody other than the club is making money on this.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Tigers made a deal with the highest bidder.

Clearly it was harder to get out of said contract than anticipated so they are have to wait till it runs out.

Not sure why backhand deals should be involved.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

To be fair has anyone started a proper serious post with I often think...

It is like saying I often think Sarries have broken the salary cap for years :smt003 oops I didn't did I :smt003
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:34 pm To be fair has anyone started a proper serious post with I often think...

It is like saying I often think Sarries have broken the salary cap for years :smt003 oops I didn't did I :smt003
It's a little different when there is a certain amount of evidence and behaviour to suggest something untoward may have occurred. Whereas I would suggest that a printed badge as opposed to embroidery is actually an indication of performance kit rather than the contrary.
Brutus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Brutus »

Regarding the printed badge on the playing kit, I don't see why some people are unhappy. The playing kit should be designed and optimised to perform best for the players on the pitch. That said, I hope there's a classic version with a nice embroidered badge....
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

To be honest I am not bothered if the playing one has a printed badge my only concern is the classic one...I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised come Friday
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Brutus wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:33 pm Regarding the printed badge on the playing kit, I don't see why some people are unhappy. The playing kit should be designed and optimised to perform best for the players on the pitch. That said, I hope there's a classic version with a nice embroidered badge....
Absolutely. I'm all in favour of embroidered leisurewear. And if embroidery is that important, it's not that expensive to get done bespoke if you look around.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Brutus wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:33 pm Regarding the printed badge on the playing kit, I don't see why some people are unhappy. The playing kit should be designed and optimised to perform best for the players on the pitch. That said, I hope there's a classic version with a nice embroidered badge....
I hope there are no "printed" badges at all. The preview photos have the the badge subliminated into the fabric, which is great. Printed badges are the thing of the devil and age horribly! :smt003 Hopefully as we agree the'll be a nice embroidered classic version.
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

I'd take a mid-late nineties style kit all day long. Fat chance of that though :(

I think it will be more like the 08/09 shirt with the prominent white bands.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

On woven man made polyester type fabric printing is fine, maybe even better. On knitted cotton fabric embroidery is superior although more expensive but when garments are sold at about £50.00 there is plenty of room in the profit margin for embroidery of the Tiger badge and the sponsors names.
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

cheltexile wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:57 pm I'd take a mid-late nineties style kit all day long. Fat chance of that though :(

I think it will be more like the 08/09 shirt with the prominent white bands.
Also 15/16
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:02 pm
I hope there are no "printed" badges at all. The preview photos have the the badge subliminated into the fabric, which is great. Printed badges are the thing of the devil and age horribly! :smt003 Hopefully as we agree the'll be a nice embroidered classic version.
Not sure of the technology but I was presuming use of a sublimation printer which produces kit that seems to wear very well so unless you tell me otherwise I'll assume we're in favour of the same thing. I assume it's a similar process for elite player kit even though it's not expected to have the same life. Anybody got the requisite technical knowledge?