New Kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: New Kit

Post by JP14 »

When Saracens ditched Kooga they get Nike as a replacement which will ben nice for us however it's very unrealistic as Nike don't do rugby anymore. Adidas will be absolutely sick to do our kits, the Harlequins ones are amazing and I just love the French and Munster kits. I don't like the idea of Kukri doing our kit this year, I didn't like their Wasps kits so I don't think they will justify our jersey
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 8:58 am Does anyone have an idea whether the rumour about us ditching Kooga due to their horrible quality is true?

Further to that will we need to wait to August again to see the new kit?
Last year I was one of the few people to go the kit photo shoot on the 27th July and they officially released the kit the following week, so I would be expecting to be announced in the first week of August, however the Singha Sevens starts on the 28th July so I'd expect the new kit to be debuted then.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Not necessarily. I'm sure in recent years we have worn the previous seasons kit.

I am not expecting the new kit announcement before the sevens tournament.
mj2012

Post by mj2012 »

Nike, while a big brand, don't have a reputation for great kits. Look at their results in recent years over in football.
He he shamone, but with a better touch :smt023
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Isn't this year's brand change a bit of a game - are the two brand names part of the same company?
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I don't care where the new kit comes from as long as it sticks to my conditions.

1. Still uses our traditional colours of Green,White and Red in the home kit.

2. Gets rid of that horrible yellow duster of an away kit furnished by Kooga.

3. Reintroduces a separate European kit different from anyone else.

4.That the kit stays within a reasonable price range so everyone can afford it.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I don't like having separate European kits for two reasons.

1. It feels like exploitation and another way of extracting more money from fans.

2. I want us wearing green, red and white whenever possible.

Also I have no issue with different colours for away kits. They are SUPPOSED to be different to the home kit. This year wasn't so bad and I say that even though I hated that orange one.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

mol2 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:11 pm Isn't this year's brand change a bit of a game - are the two brand names part of the same company?
Kooga and Canterbury Europe are both owned by J D Sports.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

For me, this one from Harlequins shows the beginnings of a track record of decent designs

Quins Jerseys
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Noddy555 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:28 am

2. Gets rid of that horrible yellow duster of an away kit furnished by Kooga.

The problem is though that the kit manufacturers will offer a kit design that they think will sell. In last season's case, we weren't the only team with a very bright yellow alternate shirt. Look around the sports shops, particularly trainer designs etc, and you'd see a very similar yellow adorned more than a few of the past 18months trainers and football boot designs.

KooGa can't be singled out either. Canterbury brought us baby blue bib, the orange abomination and the not quite right white with pinstripe diamonds. CT gave us "platinum", baby blue, and "white and mulberry".
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I would like an European kit. The home kit as long as it has green, red and white in a good style then I will be happy. As for the away kit maybe something black but with tiger claw gnashes or something along those lines.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

JP14 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:59 pm I would like an European kit. The home kit as long as it has green, red and white in a good style then I will be happy. As for the away kit maybe something black but with tiger claw gnashes or something along those lines.
There was two third of a winning formula a few years ago with the 2008 home kit and the black Euro shirt. Since our home kit is apparently 'dark' we seem to be restricted for away choices.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Personally I like horizontal stripes (hoops) on a cotton shirt with a collar of course that may have something to do with my age. I did not like the Canterbury wavy line/bib kit and cannot understand why it became the best selling home shirt ever, the blue version was horrible and sales confirm that others thought like me, the black/grey European version I secretly quite liked but having been so outspoken about the style generally I could not bring myself to buy one or even accept one as a gift. Away shirts are necessary and of course to promote sales they must be worn, a few years ago some one decided we would have a black away kit, I was quite rude to a Tiger's supporter wearing it for the first time as we went to play the black shirted Wasps, similar comments could have been made to our fans when visiting Newcastle, Saracens, Worcester and that season there was another team that played in black (maybe a European one). So although I did not buy or even consider wearing either the yellow or orange kit I understand the reasons for selecting those colours for the team as there were no colour clashes and had there been we would simply have worn our home colours..
I have seen both the home and away kits for the coming season and whilst it is not my place to give details I am confident that most fans will find them acceptable and many may even like them, I refused to buy the Kooga shirts for quality reasons, I expect to be purchasing the Kukri shirt when it is available next month; or at least dropping hints to my offspring around my November birthday that I am prepared to accept one.
PaleoTiger

Post by PaleoTiger »

If you read the rugby paper, check out P20 with the story on our new Eng U18 prop, Joe Heyes. I'm curious if anyone else thinks he is wearing the new kit? The only one it looks like is the Superdry one, but it isn't that one. The photo blurs on the manufacturers name, but it looks like a Kukri / Kooga. Otherwise I don't recognise it.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I can't find the article on the rugby paper website but I'm guessing it's something like the academy kit. Like this below:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j ... 7576328368