New name on the trophy

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: New name on the trophy

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Well done Exeter - a genuine "new name" on the trophy. Thoroughly deserved and great to see a "traditional" club win the Premiership.

They can now look after the trophy and keep it polished ready for us next year :smt003
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

Great to see a real rugby club win :smt027

Well done Chiefs and the ex Tigers :smt038
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Can you please explain to me who are proper rugby clubs and who are not proper rugby clubs.
LittleBigG

Post by LittleBigG »

They were lucky. Could quite easily have been a yellow card + reversal penalty at the end the for a reckless shoulder charge, after quite a run-up, into the ruck (so nice to see the laws consistently applied throughout the season...)

Couldn't push a Rizla between them though; it would not have been a travesty for the result to go the other way; an incredibly hard-fought contest in what looked like pretty challenging heat.

I guess it is poetic justice that the only time that the Insects finished top they failed to win it :smt003
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Congratulations, Chiefs.
After the early season wobbles, they have been consistently excellent and good value for the championship.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I thoroughly enjoyed the match with both teams playing a little nervously at times. Mrs remarked how much more relaxed I am when we aren't playing. I am prepared to forego the relaxation !
I'm not cynical just experienced
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

I am so sorry to miss viewing the final match due to travelling but so pleased that Exeter won as I regard Exeter as a real rugby club like Tigers and not a franchise heavily debted and supported by sugar daddies.
Now I seem to remember reading that Aviva are pulling out of sponsoring the Premiership soon, so there may well be a new trophy and a new name too. I hope I am wrong. : :smt051
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

A great atmosphere in the walk from Twickenham rail station to the stadium with the roads closed to vehicles making all pedestrian friendly. Atmosphere in the Car Park and in stadium was excellent too and a good game of rugby followed.
A good start by Exeter and a fightback by Wasps to go into the lead. Exeter not finished and fought to take it into extra time....the rest is History!!

Congratulations Exeter!! You have served your time and now are the English Champions for 2017.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

Breathless game, great watch for the neutral!

I can't help thinking that Hughes' brain fart with 90secs to go in normal time in front of Eddie might be England career limiting.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Well done the Chiefs, if Exeter football win the play off for promotion to Division ! there will be some wild party in the West country.
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

BigDan50 wrote:Can you please explain to me who are proper rugby clubs and who are not proper rugby clubs.
A club with a rugby ethos, local identity and part of the community and not reliant on outside money. Wasps are/were/should be a London club but have travelled to Wycombe and now Coventry with scant regard for their supporters. IMHO proper rugby clubs for example would be Tigers, Saints, Gloucester, Exeter - not proper Wasps, Saracens to name but two.
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

rocktop51 wrote:
BigDan50 wrote:Can you please explain to me who are proper rugby clubs and who are not proper rugby clubs.
A club with a rugby ethos, local identity and part of the community and not reliant on outside money. Wasps are/were/should be a London club but have travelled to Wycombe and now Coventry with scant regard for their supporters. IMHO proper rugby clubs for example would be Tigers, Saints, Gloucester, Exeter - not proper Wasps, Saracens to name but two.
Apparently, Saracens are only 'proper' when Brad Barritt is playing... lol.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

L Smith wrote:Congratulations, Chiefs.
After the early season wobbles, they have been consistently excellent and good value for the championship.
Chiefs (and Wasps) demonstrated why Tigers wont have their hands on the trophy anytime soon - unless they can play for 80 minutes (or even a 100) with consistency, week in, week out.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Roly wrote:
Chiefs (and Wasps) demonstrated why Tigers wont have their hands on the trophy anytime soon - unless they can play for 80 minutes (or even a 100) with consistency, week in, week out.
Disagree. They played inconsistently for all the season and got into the play-offs. You only need consistency for the majority of the match in the semi and final. This has been shown numerous times in the past.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Roly wrote:
Disagree. They played inconsistently for all the season and got into the play-offs. You only need consistency for the majority of the match in the semi and final. This has been shown numerous times in the past.

You also need to be the better team.

Reaching the play-offs is one thing. Then beating a team who are frankly, in another class, is another.

Tigers were demonstrably fourth best here. All season.