Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Pre Season

Post by watsonjm »

I was thinking about this earlier,

If my memory serves, we should have the most complete squad at pre season we've had in years? With only Cole away with the Lions and the England/Wales/South Sea Island tours over by the end of June we should have pretty much everyone (Extreme circumstances for the Young's brothers accepted) back and raring to go.

Am sure there will be a Visa issue somewhere along to the line but otherwise we should be good!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: Pre Season

Post by Iain »

The England contingent will be rested further - I'm not sure I'd expect to see them feature in the pre-season games. But yes, far less disruption than usual.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Be handy if we could go into pre-season with our centres fit although there have been some suggestions that Manu is not going to be ready
I'm not cynical just experienced
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

chewbacca wrote:Be handy if we could go into pre-season with our centres fit although there have been some suggestions that Manu is not going to be ready
I'd be surprised if he ever returned for any length of time and when/if he does, that he retains anything like his pre-groin injury form.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Manu is apparently touch and go for the start of the season.

Roly, Manu was getting towards pre-groin injury form before his knee went. As it's an unfortunate unrelated injury to his previous ones there is nothing to suggest he can't be back to where he was.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Very disappointed with the quality of the pre season opposition. I shan't be attending the Treviso match so my first match will probably be the Ospreys game, At least they have improved this season.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

chewbacca wrote:Be handy if we could go into pre-season with our centres fit although there have been some suggestions that Manu is not going to be ready
According to MOC in the Rugby Paper stated that "Manu is nearing a return from injury and should complete a full preseason and then play in the friendlies at the end of August".
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

If you look at the Matt Hampson promo photo last week, Manu was in training kit and boots.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

From what i gather Manu should get a full pre-season under his belt this year.

But who knows.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

sapajo wrote: According to MOC in the Rugby Paper stated that "Manu is nearing a return from injury and should complete a full preseason and then play in the friendlies at the end of August".
Good news indeed. I can't wait to see Ford, Toomua and Tuilagi together
I'm not cynical just experienced
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

KevinR wrote:If you look at the Matt Hampson promo photo last week, Manu was in training kit and boots.
I'm sitting in the back garden in swimming trunks with my feet in the grandkids' paddling pool sipping a G&T but it doesn't mean I'm ready to take on Michael Phelps! :smt030
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Noddy555 wrote:Very disappointed with the quality of the pre season opposition. I shan't be attending the Treviso match so my first match will probably be the Ospreys game, At least they have improved this season.
Enlighten me Noddy555? Is the Treviso game away? If so when?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
TigerintheCatStand
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TigerintheCatStand »

Iain wrote:Manu is apparently touch and go for the start of the season.

Roly, Manu was getting towards pre-groin injury form before his knee went. As it's an unfortunate unrelated injury to his previous ones there is nothing to suggest he can't be back to where he was.
Alas Manu was nowhere near his pre-groin injury form and you'd be well placed to count more than a handful of broken tackles in his appearances last season. The jury is still out as to whether he will get back there. Fingers crossed he will.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

TigerintheCatStand wrote:
Iain wrote:Manu is apparently touch and go for the start of the season.

Alas Manu was nowhere near his pre-groin injury form and you'd be well placed to count more than a handful of broken tackles in his appearances last season. The jury is still out as to whether he will get back there. Fingers crossed he will.
Thank goodness you said that, I thought I'd been watching a different player for a minute.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

strawclearer wrote:
KevinR wrote:If you look at the Matt Hampson promo photo last week, Manu was in training kit and boots.
I'm sitting in the back garden in swimming trunks with my feet in the grandkids' paddling pool sipping a G&T but it doesn't mean I'm ready to take on Michael Phelps! :smt030
During a training session it would be odd for a player to be in full training kit with boots on (and no "non contact bib" as apparently sported by Maxine Mermoz in the same photo) if they were taken a reasonably full part.

I did wonder if MOC was going to do a Cockers and casually name him at 23 on Saturday at 4pm. :smt001