CEO and Board ... you haven't been forgotten

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: CEO and Board ... you haven't been forgotten

Post by Noggs »

OK, so I missed the 'm' in the £20m+ business.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion with respect to the performance of the board but please base it on known fact rather than conjecture.

The business model for Tigers has been and continues to be financially successful and we do have a very good and consistent overall record on the playing field that most would give their hind teeth for. Gone are the days when 'four in a row' is going to be achievable as playing squads are much more evenly matched than they were when I started to play and watch the game.

The board have a legal responsibility to get the best possible return for the shareholders and at time decisions will be made which seem harsh to those sitting on the sidelines unaware of the full facts.

If as a club we start to loose money and support, that is the time to take issue. At the moment that is not the case and as such it can be said the the board are doing the job with which they are tasked.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
LondonRich
Tiger Cub

Post by LondonRich »

Performance based pay is a really interesting concept, but having spent a few minutes thinking how you would implement it in rugby I feel it's too complex.
Games per season is on option, but unfair if you get injured long term.
You could look at match performance and have indicators for each position, but it's not really objective to a good performance sometimes. For example, your openside steals 4 turnovers, hits 15 rucks and makes 20 tackles so gets a performance bonus but in reality it wasn't that good of a performance against a weak opposition.
A really interesting concept. I think salary structure will become more of a focus point as teams try to get smarter with salary cap limitations and also perhaps to de-risk their investment in players salaries in case there are injuries or loss of form.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

johnthegriff wrote:Quite a big jump from the £300 ish I pay for my pensioners seat in the Crumbie (I can't afford The Try Line Club) to £10,000.00
The facts are if we do not spend the market rate for players we will be relegated. The probability then is that we will not be able to afford the contracts we have agreed as we will no longer receive the money we get from television and Premiership rugby.
Players have a relatively short time at high wages to secure the financial future for themselves and their families. The nature of the game is that each match could be the end of their career that is why the players employ agents to ensure they maximise return for their skills and efforts.
Totally correct and who knows the details of the breakdown of each players salary package? it may well contain aspects of appearance bonus; win bonus; etc. It is a professional market and we are a professional club run by a team of professionals The ethos is to have a business that pays its way whilst still giving the supporters high class and entertaining sport for their money. From time to time we will hit bumps in the road but as a club time has shown that we navigate these better than most. :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Noggs nobody is questioning the business model which was put in place about 11 years ago my dispute is that now the personnel who are running it are not up to previous standards.
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

Still in love with the Chairman, CEO and Board?

How are London Irish recruiting better than us?
Tigers' new recruits are totally underwhelming.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

JWM wrote:Still in love with the Chairman, CEO and Board?

How are London Irish recruiting better than us?
Tigers' new recruits are totally underwhelming.
Although a critic of the BoD this season, our player roster was significantly stronger than LI already, so they are just trying to make up ground as well as replace those who left.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.