So proud...

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: So proud...

Post by strawclearer »

kend wrote: Just about got over my disappointment - so close. I'm surprised Carley hasn't received more criticism - it's easy to keep the ball alive if you can throw the ball forward. From where I was sitting the 4 minute passage of possession had 2 or 3 questionable passes. I guess he must have missed the clarification that momentum can only come from the ball carrier!
Yes - having started this thread, I'd like to confirm that I was in no way suggesting 'pride' for 'Sir'. I can't recall him having a worse game.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

kend wrote:From where I was sitting the 4 minute passage of possession had 2 or 3 questionable passes.
Isn't part of the problem that the referee can let a try be scored and then ask the TMO to check. But if no try is scored it's too late to call it. Because if he calls it in error there is no going back. There is also a lot of talk about Carley being a ref who wants the game to flow.

I still like to think we could have managed the ball better in the last 20 when we had the chance but that is easy to say in hindsight.

It was very similar to the Saints semi loss a three seasons ago.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

strawclearer wrote:
kend wrote: Just about got over my disappointment - so close. I'm surprised Carley hasn't received more criticism - it's easy to keep the ball alive if you can throw the ball forward. From where I was sitting the 4 minute passage of possession had 2 or 3 questionable passes. I guess he must have missed the clarification that momentum can only come from the ball carrier!
Yes - having started this thread, I'd like to confirm that I was in no way suggesting 'pride' for 'Sir'. I can't recall him having a worse game.
I did text my Wasps pals after the game to suggest that their No.16, one M Carley, had won them the game. The only printable reply I've had is he was ' even-handedly awful'!
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Iain wrote:
mol2 wrote:We certainly look more like a team.
(Shame we are losing some of the key elements in Burns and Williams)
Had Matt O'Connor been in place earlier in the season would they have been let go so easily?

For the first time in a while we looked like we could beat a top of division side away from home.
But for a few fumbles and some poor referring we should have been too far ahead for the late try to have saved Wasps.
Williams I think was going regardless. Burns is a different question. We'll never know.

I'm sorry Burns is going. But I'm happy Ford is coming.
I think MOC is already on record as saying that he would have wanted to work further with Burns if he'd had the choice .
Williams was offered a pile of filthy lucre by Glaws and , I assume, the Board chose not to match that, despite Owen being a successful kicker and probably the second biggest boot in the Prem after Marcelo Bosch.