Allez Les Pink

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 457
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:47 pm
Location: Pinner

Allez Les Pink

Post by Dave J » Sat May 13, 2017 12:52 pm

After all the off field turmoil the club and it's supporters have endured this season it was good to see them deservedly lift the Challenge Cup last night. Parisse was, as usual, inspirational, wouldn't he have looked great in a Tigers shirt?

Don't know if Ze Stade Fan made the trip to Edinburgh but wherever he was I suspect he had a good night :smt001
A citizen of hope and glory

tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: Allez Les Pink

Post by tigercaspian » Sat May 13, 2017 1:03 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed the game. 100% commitment from both sides. Glaws outgunned in the scrum + made too many errors to win it though.
Nice that Stade have trophy have such a screwball season.
Will it stop them losing money though??

Robespierre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Toulouse

Re: Allez Les Pink

Post by Robespierre » Sat May 13, 2017 1:17 pm

Yes, pleased that SF won!
Now, can Clermont beat Sarries? Fingers crossed!!
Semper in excreta

Noddy555
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Re: Allez Les Pink

Post by Noddy555 » Sat May 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Let's hope the other French Team make it a French Double today and bursts Sarries Bubble, Allez les Jaunes as they say in the Auvergne.

Robespierre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Toulouse

Re: Allez Les Pink

Post by Robespierre » Sat May 13, 2017 4:20 pm

Noddy555 wrote:Let's hope the other French Team make it a French Double today and bursts Sarries Bubble, Allez les Jaunes as they say in the Auvergne.
Nearly, Noddy!!
Allez les jaunards!!
Semper in excreta

big john
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 619
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:52 pm

Re: Allez Les Pink

Post by big john » Sat May 13, 2017 8:59 pm

It was a good game and hats off to Stade but I do feel Lacey was very very poor as was the rest of the officials.

Some very poor reffing from him again, don't think it would have made too much of difference but how does he get big games still??

Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2070
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:07 am
Location: Paris

Re: Allez Les Pink

Post by Ze Stade Fan » Tue May 16, 2017 12:51 pm

Phewwww! Exhausted and bruised! What a final! First an interception that could have sent us in the ropes, then brilliant rugby from the pink squad with a stout Glaws defence that just lacked the final tackle three times, for our benefit.

Lovely city Edinburgh, lovely supporters all around the stadium, well a Clermont ASM victory could have done nice but, hey, the sarries begged to differ.

CHAMPION D'EUROPE, WELL DONE BROTHERS!!! :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans

Robespierre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Toulouse

Re: Allez Les Pink

Post by Robespierre » Thu May 18, 2017 2:23 pm

And tomorrow evening SF play in Cardiff in the first leg as qualification for next season's European Champions' Cup.

Allez les pink!
Semper in excreta

Robespierre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Toulouse

Re: Allez Les Pink

Post by Robespierre » Fri May 19, 2017 8:52 pm

Robespierre wrote:And tomorrow evening SF play in Cardiff in the first leg as qualification for next season's European Champions' Cup.

Allez les pink!
In fact, the match was in Paris and SF won 46-21 and will play the winner of Saints v Connacht.

Encore une fois - Allez les pink!!
Semper in excreta

biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1550
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:35 pm

Re: Allez Les Pink

Post by biffer » Mon May 22, 2017 1:05 pm

Ze Stade Fan wrote:Phewwww! Exhausted and bruised! What a final! First an interception that could have sent us in the ropes, then brilliant rugby from the pink squad with a stout Glaws defence that just lacked the final tackle three times, for our benefit.

Lovely city Edinburgh, lovely supporters all around the stadium, well a Clermont ASM victory could have done nice but, hey, the sarries begged to differ.

CHAMPION D'EUROPE, WELL DONE BROTHERS!!! :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
Glad you enjoyed your weekend in my wonderful city :smt003

Was a great weekend to be honest, the Friday game wasn't the highest quality rugby but was back and forward and entertaining. Saturday game was a belter, fabulous game of rugby.

Seriously considering booking up for Bilbao next year, with Cockers at the helm Edinburgh might have a good shot at the final...

Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2070
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:07 am
Location: Paris

Re: Allez Les Pink

Post by Ze Stade Fan » Fri May 26, 2017 10:20 am

Any of you good people making it to Franklin's Gardens to wath the game? Just asking, I can't make it myself.. We have invented this new thing called "work" in France, which is just the opposite of "strike". At the beginning it was fun but now it is boring to distraction. :smt012
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans

Iain
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8161
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:39 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: Allez Les Pink

Post by Iain » Fri May 26, 2017 12:22 pm

Ze Stade Fan wrote:Any of you good people making it to Franklin's Gardens to wath the game? Just asking, I can't make it myself.. We have invented this new thing called "work" in France, which is just the opposite of "strike". At the beginning it was fun but now it is boring to distraction. :smt012
But isn't the French working week such that you'd have time to finish work on a Friday, get the Eurostar and connecting trains to Northampton, enjoy an aperatif and leisurely dinner and still have time to get a beer before taking your seat in Northampton?

Noddy555
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Re: Allez Les Pink

Post by Noddy555 » Fri May 26, 2017 2:23 pm

Well the Pink take on the Saints tonight let's hope Paris comes out on top.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests