Ricoh heading for a sell out by tomorrow

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ricoh heading for a sell out by tomorrow

Post by Ian Cant »

I am so glad I got my tickets on Sunday as , looking at The Wasps' Website, the game is almost a sell out! Only two blocks left with some seats available. Let's hope Tigers' fans snap up the extra allocation of tickets tomorrow. Great effort by the ticket offices of both clubs.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: Ricoh heading for a sell out by tomorrow

Post by Iain »

Tigers have another 2,500 tickets on sale to season ticket holders today. I very much doubt our allocation will get to general sale, so I STRONGLY recommend anyone who was relying on general sale gets a ticket direct from Wasps now.

I must admit, I didn't expect this would sell out at all, let alone so quickly. You've got to applaud both clubs for this.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Let's hope it is a sell out - in the past quite a lot of tickets seem to have been given away to stop Tigers fans swamping the Ricoh.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Looks like the tickets available on the Wasps website have sold out.
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

Wasps STH's have until tonight to take up their seats so there should be a few more coming on-line tomorrow if anyone is still after a ticket.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

25,000 tickets already sold for Wasps’ Aviva Premiership Semi-Final at the Ricoh Arena!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Col_B
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Col_B »

I bought my tickets via the wasps website on Sunday, so hopefully a lot of those 25,000 are in Leicester hands.

Not in the least bit surprised at how quickly these tickets are going, average attendance at the Ricoh for Wasps is 16,000, they were only 500 short of a sell out (32,000) when we met them earlier in the season.

One to remember for next season is that Wasps offer a discount to emergency services, you will of course need to prove that you qualify, but it's worth 20% off of your tickets.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

And so it should be. After all it is the semi final why should it not be a sell out. In any other sport this would not be questionef. Sometimes the incredulity of posters amazes me.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Thing is , Noddy, it's not the fact that it's a semi that makes it a potential sell-out.
It's the fact that you've got two big clubs on each other's doorsteps with regular weekly big crowds - 16000 average for Wasps versus our 22000 I think - that causes it: it's just statistical logic.
In theory then, with the Ricoh having a 32000 capacity, there should be 6000 unhappy punters out there !
But, never mind the logic, I shall be screaming my head off for Tigers from somewhere in S8!!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

A sell out? So, it's going to be a 17:30 kick off then! :smt023
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Ellis 9 you are so predictable. Yes keep it in your mind that it will be a 5.30 kick off and then you'll miss the first 15 mins.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

You're so predictable too.

I think this forum has lost its sense of humour. What a very sad thing!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

The European Cup semi finals last year should have been a sell out but they weren't.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Noddy555 wrote:And so it should be. After all it is the semi final why should it not be a sell out. In any other sport this would not be questionef. Sometimes the incredulity of posters amazes me.
And sometimes, the tendency of some posters to try to appear more intelligent than they actually are amazes me.

Or is sanctimony? I forget

Can you actually explain why a semi final (in any sporting discipline) 'should be a sell-out'?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

A decent amount of tickets still available on the Wasps site. Plenty together in the North Stand. Only a few singles in the central South blocks where our allocation was.

Most blocks showing Limited Availability.