Pro12

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

welshy08

Pro12

Post by welshy08 »

It faces a lot of criticism here.

You guys probably feel threatened and rightly so.

But can I say it has been absolutely superb this year. Some of the clashes and skills on display have been absolutley world class. The Scarlets Ospreys game on the weekend for example, was better than basically anything that has come out of England since Max Boyce visited in 1999.

You can see why there are so many Welsh and Irish lions.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Re: Pro12

Post by h's dad »

welshy08 wrote:It faces a lot of criticism here.

But can I say it has been absolutely superb this year. Some of the clashes and skills on display have been absolutley world class. The Scarlets Ospreys game on the weekend for example, was better than basically anything that has come out of England since Max Boyce visited in 1999.

And I thought it was just because they had the teams from 4 of the 6 nations competing in the European Championship that the Pro12 is so strongly represented in the final to find the best team in Europe. Clyrmynt v o'Saracens.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Snowdrop

Post by Snowdrop »

Blimey. Warren Gatland on the Tigers forum!!

Nonsense! Welsh rugby is not at the standard of the Premiership and never will be. If you are so good, why did you finish next to bottom of the 6N and where are your representatives in Europe? Come to think about it, how many top European trophies have Welsh clubs won?
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Snowdrop wrote:Blimey. Warren Gatland on the Tigers forum!!

Nonsense! Welsh rugby is not at the standard of the Premiership and never will be. If you are so good, why did you finish next to bottom of the 6N and where are your representatives in Europe? Come to think about it, how many top European trophies have Welsh clubs won?
Pay attention. Welshy explained that earlier. All the teams are the same and finishing next to bottom was down to luck and random chance.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Yes I can see why so many Welch... Gatlan
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
welshy08

Post by welshy08 »

Hah!!

Yeah I am not Warren. Nice try though my darlings. I'm guessing you lot are obviously "shareholders" and "stakeholders" in English rugby I see?
Sooo...
Hoz ze stock looking?

Look I realise you really do have to warp reality and lie about the competition to hand over fistful of bucks to BT Sport and wat not... when you can watch high class, quality entertaining superior rugby essentially for free, on S4C and The Beeb, but I am not Warren and he not me. I am just a fan directing you all to a cheaper but yet superior quality product.

You should all be thanking me.
:smt001
Flash

Post by Flash »

Why would we find it superior when we'd have very little affiliation or affinity with any of the teams in the Pro 12? I think the final round I the aviva proved what level of entertainment the league can provide.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

welshy08 wrote:Hah!!

Yeah I am not Warren. Nice try though my darlings. I'm guessing you lot are obviously "shareholders" and "stakeholders" in English rugby I see?
Sooo...
Hoz ze stock looking?

Look I realise you really do have to warp reality and lie about the competition to hand over fistful of bucks to BT Sport and wat not... when you can watch high class, quality entertaining superior rugby essentially for free, on S4C and The Beeb, but I am not Warren and he not me. I am just a fan directing you all to a cheaper but yet superior quality product.

Do you not grasp that essentially free is a measure of its worth? Or do you really believe that the WRU are a collection of like-minded philanthropists?
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

Sooo...
Hoz ze stock looking?

If the Pro 12 is so good why are there no Pro 12 teams in the Champions cup final?
As for wales all 4 regions are utterly hopeless and lets be honest no one really cares about any of them
Welsh rugby fans only come out for the six nations to enjoy the battle for the wooden spoon with Italy. :smt005 :smt005
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I suspect this bloke really lives in Paris ... his real name is Pierre ... and he just likes to come on here to wind you blokes up ... he seems to have succeeded again.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

mightymouse wrote:I suspect this bloke really lives in Paris ... his real name is Pierre ... and he just likes to come on here to wind you blokes up ... he seems to have succeeded again.
If he was winding up, Workshy wouldn't deny being Warren. I don't know about Paris, he lives in a big tent, drives a funny little car with bits falling off, wears hooped trousers and has a red nose. But it takes all sorts.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

10/10 for perseverance. 10/10 for bias. For a match to be "good" usually involves both teams playing well. Ospreys did not, I was there.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Sooo...
Hoz ze stock looking?

Such altruism. Less humble people would come trolling for absolutely no good reason.
You're a real credit to the statelet that created you.
By the way, would you mind asking your Owain Glyndwr friends not to burn my holiday home?
Much love x
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I think they should leave well alone. They seem to have negotiated a good TV deal for the next 5 years. Perhaps Italy should only have 1 club in it and be replaced
by either a third Scottish team or one from Georgia.