Purely hypothetically

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BFG
Super User
Super User

Re: Purely hypothetically

Post by BFG »

ourla wrote:Should Tigers beat Wasps on their turf and then go onto with the Prem against either Exeter or Saracens at HQ... where would it rank in the list of the clubs achievements? Think about - don't just give a knee jerk reaction.
If this team wins the Premiership then it'd be an absolutely massive achievement for the players IMO and not because of the ups and downs with coaches coming and going but because if the title is to be won then it'll be won on desire and you can't top that IMO, nothing better in sport than a team of lesser parts being the better collective!
The three teams above us possess more individuals of the higher standard IMO and in Sarries case by quite some margin particularly up front and that's where games are often won and lost, not always but in the main.
Tigers could do Wasps up front, if we keep the ball away from them enough then they can be beaten but Exeter and Sarries are the two that pose the biggest challenge to Tigers IMO, they are big up front.
It'll be a big ask to win the title IMO but not impossible, if they do it then it'll rank amongst some of the best title wins IMO!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Iain wrote:And I'd love the level of bile being spat in our direction if we do it. Just like the good old days
There would be some but I actually think there would be a lot of respect and admiration.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Another hypothetical... what would our season had been like or what would our chances from here had been like with a fully fit and firing Manu and Toomua in the team. Probably one more to ponder idly on than discuss!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

ourla wrote:Another hypothetical... what would our season had been like or what would our chances from here had been like with a fully fit and firing Manu and Toomua in the team. Probably one more to ponder idly on than discuss!
We'd have been a lot better, unquestionably. They should have been integral to how we would have played.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Interesting question. However, given the number of people who have said that the play off system is an incarnation of the devil, then I assume that they will be calling for us to:

a) Remove it from any list of achievements;
b) Return the Trophy;
c) Call for an end to the ridiculous idea that a team finishing fourth can possibly be considered as Champions of England.

:smt043 :smt043
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Phil B wrote:Interesting question. However, given the number of people who have said that the play off system is an incarnation of the devil, then I assume that they will be calling for us to:

a) Remove it from any list of achievements;
b) Return the Trophy;
c) Call for an end to the ridiculous idea that a team finishing fourth can possibly be considered as Champions of England.

:smt043 :smt043
I've made my peace with the play offs now. I hated the concept at first, but now teams are setting up their strategies centered around how the system works. The season is competitive much further down the table for much longer. The play offs themselves are exciting, the Premiership Final has increasingly become a massive showpiece event... I think most people are buying into it now.

I may be swimming against the tide here I grant you.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ourla wrote:Another hypothetical... what would our season had been like or what would our chances from here had been like with a fully fit and firing Manu and Toomua in the team. Probably one more to ponder idly on than discuss!
Oh that's easy. Tigers would have won everything. Including the USA's Presidential election, the EU Referendum and Nigel Farage's Christmas Party pass the parcel.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.