Purely hypothetically

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Purely hypothetically

Post by ourla »

Should Tigers beat Wasps on their turf and then go onto with the Prem against either Exeter or Saracens at HQ... where would it rank in the list of the clubs achievements? Think about - don't just give a knee jerk reaction.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Purely hypothetically

Post by kpj tiger »

It would certainly be a massive achievement, I feel like we could be the dark horses purely because nobody has mentioned us and I feel the pressure is almost off now, just need to get JPP, Mermoz, Veainu and Thompstone back on the pitch
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

When we see the team sheet I'll see if I need to look at trains to London.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Trains already booked and final tickets bought.......always a good day out at HQ but would be even better with Tigers being in the Final!!

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

ourla wrote:Should Tigers beat Wasps on their turf and then go onto with the Prem against either Exeter or Saracens at HQ... where would it rank in the list of the clubs achievements? Think about - don't just give a knee jerk reaction.
Thinking about it? ..........thought about it? ............... Nope! The only achievement would be putting the Prem Pot into the WR trophy cabinet. Anything less is not worth diddly-squat. I believe the players will agree?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Ourla given our massive off field problems this season and an horrendous injury list it would rank way up there, just behind the Golden era between 1999 and 2003.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

TigerCam wrote:
ourla wrote:Should Tigers beat Wasps on their turf and then go onto with the Prem against either Exeter or Saracens at HQ... where would it rank in the list of the clubs achievements? Think about - don't just give a knee jerk reaction.
Thinking about it? ..........thought about it? ............... Nope! The only achievement would be putting the Prem Pot into the WR trophy cabinet. Anything less is not worth diddly-squat. I believe the players will agree?
Are you a politician? :smt002 The question was "where would it rank...." Your answer "Nope".
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

It would rank someway behind 2009 when due to personal problems our Director of rugby left in January with us lying eighth in the table. Cocker took over and we won the Premiership that season and but for injury both before and during the match we may have won the Heineken Cup at Murrayfield. When all is said and done what counts is trophies in the cabinet no one cares or remembers who topped the Premiership or came second its having your name on silverware that is there for posterity.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

johnthegriff wrote:It would rank someway behind 2009 when due to personal problems our Director of rugby left in January with us lying eighth in the table. Cocker took over and we won the Premiership that season
Actually sounds very comparable to me. Wondering how competitive the Prem was in 2009 compared to today... beating London Irish 10-9 in the final...

It's hard to say it would beat doing the double or winning back to back Europeans. I think it would be the best achievement post that era.

Won't happen though will it :smt002 :smt003 :smt002
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

It would seem pretty miraculous given that we were outscored 3 tries to 1 by the 11th placed club and only their ability to give away penalties and our having an excellent kicker saved us.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Old Hob wrote:It would seem pretty miraculous given that we were outscored 3 tries to 1 by the 11th placed club and only their ability to give away penalties and our having an excellent kicker saved us.
There is more than one way to skin a cat. Points are points however they are accumulated.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Given this seasons Off pitch managerial/coaching problems. The injury list.
The club development programe (Car park/hotel)etc.

I think the media (TV) see us as a bit of a joke and certainly we are this seasons underdogs.

So for me it would rank very high and possibly eclipse the glory days because no one is expecting it to happen. :smt045

As in the words of J. Luc Piccard "Let it be so"
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

wellstiger wrote:
I think the media (TV) see us as a bit of a joke and certainly we are this seasons underdogs.
On the contrary, any coverage/mention I've seen of Tigers this season (post RC) has been complimentary. The only negative (if you could call it that) discussion has revolved around the decision to sack RC - with some agreeing it was the right thing to do, and some disagreeing.

In the main, coverage has focussed on the team's achievements despite adversity and the general consensus now seems to be that rather than being seen as a joke (not quite sure where you got that from), the top three are most definitely looking over their shoulders with some concern.

Personally, I think tigers will give a good account of themselves but ultimately, they are a way behind their rivals at the moment and this isn't going to be their year. But, if they do it, it will go down as one of their best seasons of the professional era.

And, its actually 'make it so'.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

14/1 for tigers to win the final! I will be putting some money on that!

Just need Exeter to beat Sarries and we will have a chance.
Come on you tigers!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

It's been a trying season. Frustrating at times. Rubbish at points, good in others.

To have even made the play offs with the season we've had is a seriously good effort and shows a great level of resilience.

To win the league from here would be astonishing. We're fourth on merit. Ignoring the narrative, we're in no worse a position at this point to Saracens in the league. If we win it, we'll have deserve it - they're the rules.

And I'd love the level of bile being spat in our direction if we do it. Just like the good old days :smt023

160 minutes until we're champions. Get on board!