Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread 4

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Locked
Cagey Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1804
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: South Lincolnshire

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by Cagey Tiger » Wed May 17, 2017 12:17 pm

With regards to the decline after MO'C left, that followed the period where he and RC hardly ever used the replacements. Whether this was down to the quality of the players on the bench or whatever, it meant that when senior players retired, the "understudies" were inexperienced.

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2622
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:30 pm
Location: Lincoln

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by Hot_Charlie » Wed May 17, 2017 12:25 pm

Ajcc wrote:Oli Bryant Has gone to Jersey good luck to lad.

I wonder if there will be a couple of new 10's coming then as we are losing 3 fly halfs
Not a surprise. I hope he does well for them.

I see in Jersey's press release that Jack Cuthbert is leaving them; I wonder where he's off too?

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7587
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by RagingBull » Wed May 17, 2017 12:56 pm

Ajcc wrote:Oli Bryant Has gone to Jersey good luck to lad.

I wonder if there will be a couple of new 10's coming then as we are losing 3 fly halfs
I mean Bryant is a development player and not on the senior squad list so we haven't really lost 3 10's.

Should be a good move for him.

LondonRich
Tiger Cub
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:27 am

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by LondonRich » Wed May 17, 2017 1:43 pm

On the 'Rugby Pod' this week Andy Goode and Jim Hamilton speculate on Tom Croft's future.

Could be one of the many untrue rumours you see flying around, but he is supposedly off to Coventry RFC for next season.

I have absolutely no way to verify this! But I found it interesting.

jgriffin
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6804
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: On the edge of oblivion

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by jgriffin » Wed May 17, 2017 3:55 pm

Cagey Tiger wrote:With regards to the decline after MO'C left, that followed the period where he and RC hardly ever used the replacements. Whether this was down to the quality of the players on the bench or whatever, it meant that when senior players retired, the "understudies" were inexperienced.
Agree with that and tallies with the AP player criticism mentioned before.

I would be very excited if we signed a decent 10 and a solid 12. I am concerned that 2 injuries and we are up the brown creek again.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2622
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:30 pm
Location: Lincoln

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by Hot_Charlie » Wed May 17, 2017 7:13 pm

jgriffin wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:With regards to the decline after MO'C left, that followed the period where he and RC hardly ever used the replacements. Whether this was down to the quality of the players on the bench or whatever, it meant that when senior players retired, the "understudies" were inexperienced.
Agree with that and tallies with the AP player criticism mentioned before.

I would be very excited if we signed a decent 10 and a solid 12. I am concerned that 2 injuries and we are up the brown creek again.
However, there is another way to look at it: MOC has been back 5 minutes, and would have had little influence on most signings this year. If there was an injury early in the season he'll be in the right place to have some strong SH candidates around the autumn, be it those here on tour or those who missed out (and who, in the 17/18 season, having missed out on national selection may be good long term bets). :smt001

Rather than rush into another mediocre signing he may just be able to bide his time. :smt001

Loob19
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:09 pm
Location: London

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by Loob19 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:20 pm

Sione Kalamafoni confirmed as leaving Gloucester

http://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/news/13881.php

TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 863
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:16 pm
Location: London

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by TomWeston » Wed May 17, 2017 7:49 pm

Loob19 wrote:Sione Kalamafoni confirmed as leaving Gloucester

http://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/news/13881.php
Interesting that Carl Fearns is still on their 2017/8 joiners list.

Loob19
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:09 pm
Location: London

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by Loob19 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:18 pm

TomWeston wrote:
Loob19 wrote:Sione Kalamafoni confirmed as leaving Gloucester

http://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/news/13881.php
Interesting that Carl Fearns is still on their 2017/8 joiners list.
Wishful thinking?

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2622
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:30 pm
Location: Lincoln

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by Hot_Charlie » Wed May 17, 2017 8:19 pm

Holmes has just scored a lovely try up at Headingly. Ford doing ok too.

Lammy
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:06 pm
Location: Oadby

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by Lammy » Thu May 18, 2017 4:12 pm

Heard rather surprising news about four potential departures today in order to make room for a top class 8. I'd assumed this would have all been dealt with already but suppose MOC has had his say now. All I'll say is, it appears recent contract extensions may not be worth the paper they're written on! Interesting times. Keep your eyes peeled.

Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1817
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:16 pm
Location: St. Albans

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by Snorbins » Thu May 18, 2017 4:29 pm

Lammy- you talking about the 2 backs and 2 forwards?

Lammy
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:06 pm
Location: Oadby

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by Lammy » Thu May 18, 2017 4:30 pm

Snorbins wrote:Lammy- you talking about the 2 backs and 2 forwards?
The very same, sir!

Lammy
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:06 pm
Location: Oadby

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by Lammy » Thu May 18, 2017 4:36 pm

Lammy wrote:
Snorbins wrote:Lammy- you talking about the 2 backs and 2 forwards?
The very same, sir!
Before anyone asks why I haven't provided a source or named players,it's because I'm duty bound and not even sure it's true but judging by the response above there must be an element of truth and imagine it could be common knowledge shortly.

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2108
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm
Location: Stoney Stanton

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by kpj tiger » Thu May 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Snorbins wrote:Lammy- you talking about the 2 backs and 2 forwards?
We've had 6 forwards and 2 backs re-sign this season that I would think could be at risk

Backs - Kitto & Tait
Forwards - BOC, Fitzgerald, Rizzo, Bateman, Wells and Thacker

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests