Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: What has happened to Tom Youngs

Post by strawclearer »

tigercaspian wrote:
chewbacca wrote:Rare as it may be I have to say I am in complete agreement with ellis9 with respect to this
+1

A pointless post. There is a song by The Amazing Rhythm Aces which goes "If you ain't going sell me no bacon, don't you open up the store" which fits perfectly here
...which is kinda what I was trying to say!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

strawclearer wrote:
tigercaspian wrote:
chewbacca wrote:Rare as it may be I have to say I am in complete agreement with ellis9 with respect to this
+1

A pointless post. There is a song by The Amazing Rhythm Aces which goes "If you ain't going sell me no bacon, don't you open up the store" which fits perfectly here
...which is kinda what I was trying to say!
Yes, but you were using subtlety ..........
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Please can we stick to rugby discussiions intsead of trying to pry inti Toms personal life.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Tigerbeat wrote:Please can we stick to rugby discussiions intsead of trying to pry inti Toms personal life.
Quite right - so here's a subtle hooker joke...

There is this little lad who plays hooker and shyly joins the local rugby club junior team. The coach doesn't know what the lad's problem is, but the other boys in the pack like to tease him. They say he is two flankers short of a scrum, or two jumpers short of a lineout. To prove it, every training session the boys offer the lad his choice between a pound coin and a 10p coin. He always takes the 10p coin, they say because it's bigger. One day, after the shy hooker again grabbed the 10p, the coach took him off to one side and said, "Lad, the rest of the boys in the pack are making fun of you. They think you don't know the pound coin is worth more than the 10p coin. Are you grabbing the 10p because it's bigger, or what?" The lad replied, "Well, if I took the pound, they'd stop doing it!"
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Like that Strawclearer and it would be funny if Tom's situation wasn't so serious.
THe club has to address this as a matter of some urgency or we may find ourselves still without a leader in the true sense of the word at the beginning of next season. THe last good captain we had was Geordan Murphy. We need someone else of the same ilk.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Tigerbeat wrote:Please can we stick to rugby discussiions intsead of trying to pry inti Toms personal life.
She said it wasn't regarding a personal matter. So he must be depressed about a rugby matter. TBH I think this focus on TY is just another in a line of what's happened to A N Others form. Players aren't robots and sometimes lose a bit of form, confidence or desire. We know what TY is capable of and as fans we can only hope he comes out of the slump soon and gets us eulogising him once more.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Agreed Ourla but whatever the reason whether it's personal or Rugby related it still needs solving. Such a dramatic loss of form in any other player even Manu would be accompanied by a lengthy spell outside the first team squad.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

all I can say is how disgusting this thread is - please shut down mods...
Less is more....
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Bunchy wrote:all I can say is how disgusting this thread is - please shut down mods...

People can't comment on a player drastically losing form?..which comments on here are disgusting????

Most of us have no idea about personal issues and nor should we..

Mods should shut down people such as yourself who are obviously too sensitive for a forum :smt003
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

There's an issue as far as I'm aware. It may explain his poor performance on Saturday. Seriously - leave it at that.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

If the coaching staff were aware of a 'personal issue' that had the potential to affect a player's performance (and if TY hadn't informed them to that effect, he was negligent), then he shouldn't have been selected.

Either way, somebody was negligent.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Roly wrote:If the coaching staff were aware of a 'personal issue' that had the potential to affect a player's performance (and if TY hadn't informed them to that effect, he was negligent), then he shouldn't have been selected.

Either way, somebody was negligent.
We're working on very limited knowledge. We don't know the full deal, but if it's as we think and if I was in the position to make the decision I might have invented a hamstring injury to take some heat off. But we're not in charge, so what do we know...?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/266 ... Q5KylTTWhA

Thoughts are with all the Youngs family at this very difficult time.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Tom Youngs

Post by Qbec »

Respect, Tom & family you have the complete & full support of the whole Tigers family at this very difficult time. My individual respect to you Tom for playing for the club through what must be a very hard time for you & your family.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Tom Youngs

Post by ourla »

The news we all didn't wanted to hear. Just terrible.