Looks like Sarries?.....no....its Wasps!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Looks like Sarries?.....no....its Wasps!!!

Post by ourla »

With Saracens playing Wasps last game of the season with a home semi at stake I can see them overhauling our enemies in Cov. Then it's just a question of what Exeter. I kinda fancy Saints or Gloucester to turn them over. If so, we will be playing Saracens on their patch of plastic in the semis. Which I'm not fancying at all.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Looks like Sarries?

Post by strawclearer »

No. I was hoping for a faltering Pests at the Ricoh then Fezheads at HQ. Ah well.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I cant see Exeter losing at Sandy Park.......Gloucester may rest some players ahead of the Challenge Cup final.
Odds would favour a trip to Sandy Park.....
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Ah well...
On a previous post (a few months back) I stated that I thought we would be lucky to make top6 as I thought our season was over. Mainly due to coaching sackings etc.
For me Top four is a result and keeps our record going.
Then to win you have to play the rest of the very best. Whether semi or final.
For me this weekend is crucial. Then a marker could be set and we will know where our season rests.
Bath -v-Glouc could be a banana skin for Bath. Glouc tails up - Bath season defined for them by beating Tigers.I feel they are not as high in confidence after a couple of hickups

bring it on.....
Not a jock
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Not a jock »

I believe Exeter are uneaten in the league since October so are probably THE form team so a trip to Sandy Park wouldn't be easy.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Agree Exeter are the form team and so I expect them to finish top of the table next week.

Wasps form is disappearing just too fast and you would think Sarries will turn them over, but McCall stated after the game today that he would rest players next week because of the Euro final - so wasps may be able to hang on to top spot after all, which I think we would all agree would give us an easier semi than either of the other two teams....

Of course, Barf may still beat us to 4th and then we don't really care about the playoffs anyway :smt002
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Exeter trip now seems favourite!
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

ourla wrote:Exeter trip now seems favourite!
Great day out - apart from the result, usually.

Everybody's favourite second team, so would be happy to see them win it - if they get past us in semis :smt027 :smt027
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Agree that Exeter away looks likely now. Make no mistake we want Wasps. A 5 point win over Saracens is possible especially as it is the Euro pot Final the week after but I suspect Wasps see their best chance to win it all as a home SF v Saracens (rather than meeting them in the final).

I'd go to Wasps with hope but not Exeter. They'll beat us by 20+
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

MrPartridge wrote:Agree that Exeter away looks likely now. Make no mistake we want Wasps. A 5 point win over Saracens is possible especially as it is the Euro pot Final the week after but I suspect Wasps see their best chance to win it all as a home SF v Saracens (rather than meeting them in the final).

I'd go to Wasps with hope but not Exeter. They'll beat us by 20+
Yes almost certainly Exeter now, cos Glaws are hopeless and Exeter will be very motivated to win and they are a better team.
I also think Sarries will beat Wasps away even if they do bench a few stars.
So Exeter away, can we win that...? Well first things first, we need to beat Worcester because Bath will get 5 points at Sale. If we win well at Worcester we can go to SP with some hope but will still be big underdogs.....especially without TV. All to play for!!
Soggypitch
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

We don't need to beat Worcester. 1 point is needed to secure 4th. However, we will obviously go there to win but we don't need to win.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

We may not need to beat Worcester but but a loss would dent Tigers' confidence ahead of what will be the most important match of the season.
So in my humble opinion, a win is essential.
Semper in excretia
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Actually we could well be down at Sandy Park for the play off semifinal as I fancy the Chiefs to finish top because I think Sarries will beat Wasps. Now wouldn't that be a journey!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

MOC has already stated he is a great believer in momentum and we have two weeks off after Worcester so expect a strong team out and no slackening off. I can't see us win away in the semi but great to be there and you really never know.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ellis9 wrote:We don't need to beat Worcester. 1 point is needed to secure 4th. However, we will obviously go there to win but we don't need to win.
Tigers actually need 2 points to 'secure' 4th. Therefore, a win v Wuss is imperative.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.