Will Saracens win a trophy this season?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Will Saracens win a trophy this season?

Post by Mark62 »

On form they are the best team in Europe. That being said they are playing Munster in Ireland next weekend, hard enough under normal circumstances , let alone the wave of emotion that is helping to carry Munster along this season.
Then looking at the premiership fixtures you would expect Wasps to win their next 2 and Exeter to win their penultimate game, meaning Saracens go to Wasps last game of the season likely to be cemented in third and facing a trip to Sandy Park in the semi.

If they didn't win a trophy would this season be deemed to be a failure
mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: Will Saracens win a trophy this season?

Post by mol2 »

When you are at the top the only way is down!

I still rate them a the best team in the league and probably Europe.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Mark62 wrote:On form they are the best team in Europe. That being said they are playing Munster in Ireland next weekend, hard enough under normal circumstances , let alone the wave of emotion that is helping to carry Munster along this season.
Then looking at the premiership fixtures you would expect Wasps to win their next 2 and Exeter to win their penultimate game, meaning Saracens go to Wasps last game of the season likely to be cemented in third and facing a trip to Sandy Park in the semi.

If they didn't win a trophy would this season be deemed to be a failure
Not to mention losing 0-1 to Tigers in the trophy stakes :smt002
Clowbeck
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Clowbeck »

Their form seems to have peaked late in the season but more than enough in the tank to win the AP and CC.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Losing to the sinners just now though
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Clowbeck wrote:Their form seems to have peaked late in the season but more than enough in the tank to win the AP and CC.
Hardly the highest of peaks, Saracens have lost three of their last five away games in PR; Bath, Worcester and Gloucester.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Clowbeck
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Clowbeck »

h's dad wrote:
Clowbeck wrote:Their form seems to have peaked late in the season but more than enough in the tank to win the AP and CC.
Hardly the highest of peaks, Saracens have lost three of their last five away games in PR; Bath, Worcester and Gloucester.
Saracens have won their last 5 AP games including 2 away.If that isnt decent form late in the season dont know what is :smt017
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Clowbeck wrote:
h's dad wrote:
Saracens have won their last 5 AP games including 2 away.If that isnt decent form late in the season dont know what is :smt017
You might as well say Tigers' recent form late in the season has been impressive. I seem to recall you need seven for it to be statistically regarded as form.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

tigerburnie wrote:Losing to the sinners just now though
Jinx. Not sure whether that was wanted or not. Bristol pushed Wasps closer than I would have expected, helped by the only 14 points in the last 15 minutes.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

One more win for Wasps will secure a home semi and most probably top spot. Expect a semi final on the Friday at the Ricoh.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

They got out of gaol today, got to feel for poor old Saints. :smt022
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

Tigerbeat wrote:One more win for Wasps will secure a home semi and most probably top spot. Expect a semi final on the Friday at the Ricoh.
Out of the three trips we could have, that's the one I fancy our chances in the most.
Blimey...
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Sarries sent virtually a second team out against Saints first team and turned them over. That's impressive.

I can't see Saracens being bothered about playing home or away. They've played clever this season and targeted both major competitions. I'd put a lot of money on them squeezing Exeter out of it in the semis and decimating the Wasps pack or us in the final.

Only the Irish teams can stop the double on current form.
Clowbeck
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Clowbeck »

h's dad wrote:
Clowbeck wrote:
h's dad wrote:Hardly the highest of peaks, Saracens have lost three of their last five away games in PR; Bath, Worcester and Gloucester.
Saracens have won their last 5 AP games including 2 away.If that isnt decent form late in the season dont know what is
You might as well say Tigers' recent form late in the season has been impressive. I seem to recall you need seven for it to be statistically regarded as form.
But I didn't, the post is about Saracens not Tigers! is this a forum or a kangaroo court where small print required :smt043
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I really thought Saracens were going to lose today and what do I know they still managed to bag the win.
They picked a much changed team today leaving out several big players from the 23 altogether which IMO is ominous for the rest, they take risks for development, they could afford it today but still I wonder how many clubs would've risked the win in selection as far as Saracens did today!