Will Saracens win a trophy this season?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Will Saracens win a trophy this season?

Post by Ian Cant »

Sarries probably had to gamble on when to rest their England players because unlike us, Wasps, Saints and Exeter there is no rest week due to European Semi. Saints are worse than us in terms of game management. Eg v us, v Wasps and paid the penalty of chasing a bonus point win v Sarries today when kicking the penalty for 3 points ( they kicked to near the 5 m line then lost the line out from which Sarries counter attacked to transform the game)would possibly have put the game beyond Sarries. I agree Sarries look strongest when at full strength but Exeter and Wasps are also in fine form. If we win our last two league games, whilst staying injury free, then the semis could be more interesting than we could have imagined. Sale are scoring tries and Worcester won yesterday with key players in the pack out! All to play for.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

You bet your bottom dollar they will. Did you see their second team come from behind to win at Saints today. If not the premiership then I think they will successfully defend their European Trophy. I rather fancy Wasps to win the Aviva.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Sarries are human, they might end up playing us in the Final , against all the expectations and fate has a habit of biting people on the bum. Nothing beyond the bounds of possibility, four matches to win on the trot, and Tigers would be the unlikeliest Champions. Bit like the City.....
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Noddy555 wrote:You bet your bottom dollar they will. Did you see their second team come from behind to win at Saints today. If not the premiership then I think they will successfully defend their European Trophy. I rather fancy Wasps to win the Aviva.
Fair point, but their revival came after some big guns came off the bench against a Saints team who have a nasty habit of self imploding.

I agree about Wasps but just think Munster may edge a titanic struggle next Saturday
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

Mark62 wrote:I agree about Wasps but just think Munster may edge a titanic struggle next Saturday
I'm praying for a Munster v Leinster European Cup final. I'll be in Galway on the day of the final and lunching in Dolan's in Limerick the day after, i.e. my birthday. :smt030
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Clowbeck wrote:But I didn't, the post is about Saracens not Tigers! is this a forum or a kangaroo court where small print required :smt043
So why bring kangaroos into it? My point was clearly about trying not to read too much into recent performances by Saracens (and competitors generally) or to regard them as some sort of superteam.

Four games, four wins. Come on Tigers.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
WilstheTiger

Post by WilstheTiger »

I don't gamble, but If I did, I would put money on a SArries League & Euro double this season. Just like last - they are the benchmark of quality, organisation Coaching, preparation & having a tactical plan that works.

Will take a big performance from a very good side to stop the 'Electric Chair' rugby machine that is the cult of SArries.
Clowbeck
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Clowbeck »

h's dad wrote:
Clowbeck wrote:But I didn't, the post is about Saracens not Tigers! is this a forum or a kangaroo court where small print required :smt043
So why bring kangaroos into it? My point was clearly about trying not to read too much into recent performances by Saracens (and competitors generally) or to regard them as some sort of superteam.

It's so clear now you explain it, what was I thinking. You Sir are a shining wit...or something like that.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

The answer to the OP is yes, definitely one, probably two.

Slightly poorer form whilst all their internationals were unavailable, but will be very hard to stop with the cavalry back.
Soggypitch
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Clowbeck wrote:
h's dad wrote:

It's so clear now you explain it, what was I thinking. You Sir are a shining wit...or something like that.
I think we'll just have to leave it as us having different aspirations. You stick to your little prince and being the acrobatic god of love...or something like that.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

If it ends up as an all Ireland final I may just change my mind and head up to Edinburgh for that weekend. I can expect a fantastic Cellidh after match whoever wins.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I think there'll be a different name on Premiership trophy, just could be ours.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.