Team vs Newcastle

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Team vs Newcastle

Post by jgriffin »

Leicester Tigers (v Newcastle Falcons, Welford Road, Saturday 3.00pm)
15 Telusa Veainu
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Jack Roberts
12 Maxime Mermoz
11 JP Pietersen
10 Freddie Burns
9 Ben Youngs (c)
1 Ellis Genge
2 George McGuigan
3 Dan Cole
4 Dom Barrow
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Williams
7 Brendon O'Connor
8 Luke Hamilton

Replacements
16 Tom Youngs
17 Greg Bateman
18 Fraser Balmain
19 Mike Fitzgerald
20 Harry Thacker
21 Sam Harrison
22 Owen Williams
23 Mathew Tait

Assume Bateman to cover LH? Also not surprised BY captain, predicted that anyway once MOC returned. :smt004
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Team vs Newcastle

Post by strawclearer »

Like the XV, like the bench - are McCaffrey and Betham injured or 'resting'?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Forecast is for pretty much perfect rugby weather.

Cut loose boys, cut loose!
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

Betham - like Rizzo - just 'resting'. They both took a full part in the public Captain's Run this morning.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Excellent team that should deliver the goods and we really need a bonus point win this weekend to keep that 4th place, So confident that I've already booked a hire car from the 1st of May for 2 weeks that will get me to Worcester and I would imagine Coventry for the semi.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Strong looking side, more than enough for a fine home victory

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrssssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Noddy555 wrote:Excellent team that should deliver the goods and we really need a bonus point win this weekend to keep that 4th place, So confident that I've already booked a hire car from the 1st of May for 2 weeks that will get me to Worcester and I would imagine Coventry for the semi.
For two weeks!! Extravagence! - must have advantageous rates for retired travel agents!
Up grade to a mini-bus, Noddy, and take the rest of us, will you!! Oh, and please could the driver come down to Toulouse to pick me up? :smt002
Semper in excretia
WilstheTiger

Post by WilstheTiger »

Nothing less than 5 points from this game.

Hopefully Tigers can achieve that goal.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

We also need to build a lead and stop Newcastle, Sale and Worcester from scoring too many points. There's no point winning 35-30 for example if Bath win 40-10 in the next 3 games. We would both be level on points and match wins so it would come down to points difference meaning Bath would finish 4th if those scores happened.

We need to take all the points on offer right from the start. Build a lead and be very clinical. If we can be clinical, we only need 4 try scoring chances on top of taking every 3 point opportunity offered.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Newcastle will come with nothing to lose which suits them so it won't be easy and the way Quins are playing v Exeter shows any team from Bath, Tigers, Saints and Quins could get 4 th. Take nothing for ganted. Was at Newcastle and Sale earlier in the season and Tigers scraped a lucky win in Newcastle and as for Sale-34-30 loss. Just turn up tomorrow and for once play for 80 + minutes.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Well I certainly put the curse on Quins. I must praise Falcons as soon as they get on the pitch tomorrow! Tigers need Exeter's clinical finishing. Superb.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Ian Cant wrote:Newcastle will come with nothing to lose which suits them so it won't be easy and the way Quins are playing v Exeter shows any team from Bath, Tigers, Saints and Quins could get 4 th. Take nothing for ganted. Was at Newcastle and Sale earlier in the season and Tigers scraped a lucky win in Newcastle and as for Sale-34-30 loss. Just turn up tomorrow and for once play for 80 + minutes.
A win for us tomorrow and a Sarries win on Sunday would virtually leave 4th place between us and Bath. On top of that I will be keeping an eye on Worcester this weekend.
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Doghashadhisday wrote:
Ian Cant wrote:Newcastle will come with nothing to lose which suits them so it won't be easy and the way Quins are playing v Exeter shows any team from Bath, Tigers, Saints and Quins could get 4 th. Take nothing for ganted. Was at Newcastle and Sale earlier in the season and Tigers scraped a lucky win in Newcastle and as for Sale-34-30 loss. Just turn up tomorrow and for once play for 80 + minutes.
A win for us tomorrow and a Sarries win on Sunday would virtually leave 4th place between us and Bath. On top of that I will be keeping an eye on Worcester this weekend.

I'm glad you informed me of that as it wasn't obvious.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Tomvarndell wrote:
Doghashadhisday wrote:

I'm glad you informed me of that as it wasn't obvious.
You are most welcome :smt002
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Sorry Robespierre although I find Toulouse one of the nicest cities in France it's a bit out of my way from Derby to Worcester and Derby to Coventry. I pay £130 per wek for a Vauxhall Corsa and have used this company for almost 30 years and since 1990 the price has only risen by about £40.