Excrement throwing article in DM & The Times

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Firesafetydave

Post by Firesafetydave »

According to The Daily Mail, recently declassified papers implicate Toby Flood's German grandfather as a Communist spy, or at least married to one!

https://tinyurl.com/lao7t9b

I'm posting this because I found it interesting due to Toby's connection to Tigers, but of course it has absolutely no bearing on him as a person - as several commenters on the article say, it really has no effect on Floody and DM are just throwing around excrement to see if it sticks. We aren't fooled. :smt023
Last edited by Firesafetydave on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Te audire no possum. Musa sapienum fixa est in aura.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Re: Excrement throwing article in DM

Post by Roly »

Firesafetydave wrote:According to The Daily Mail, recently declassified papers implicate Toby Flood's German grandfather as a Communist spy, or at least married to one!

I'm posting this because I found it interesting due to Toby's connection to Tigers, but of course it has absolutely no bearing on him as a person - as several commenters on the article say, it really has no effect on Floody and DM are just throwing around excrement to see if it sticks. We aren't fooled. :smt023
Great, you've just promulgated this (by your own admission) 'non-story' to a potentially wider audience by re-posting the link on here.

Most of us would have lived in the bliss of ignorance of this 'fake news' had you decided not to....
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I get the Daily Mail solely for the puzzles and crossword and the cartoons. I've never paid any heed to Gossip or their political opinions which I believe are somewhat more Fascist than Attila the Hun. Don't expect any newspapers to tell you the truth. Responsible reporting went out of the window about 1970 or maybe even earlier if it ever existed at all.
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

Noddy555 wrote:I get the Daily Mail solely for the puzzles and crossword and the cartoons. I've never paid any heed to Gossip or their political opinions which I believe are somewhat more Fascist than Attila the Hun. Don't expect any newspapers to tell you the truth. Responsible reporting went out of the window about 1970 or maybe even earlier if it ever existed at all.
Yeah - I hear that journalists are almost as unreliable as travel agents!

I think the story is probably true, the issue is that it really isn't news. There must be lots of people who have dubious ancestors. There really isn't anything they can do about it, and they certainly shouldn't be persecuted in the press for it.

I agree about the puzzle pages though. I'm a big fan of the Soduku X; Kenken; and Mini Soduku.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Toby's issued a firm rebuttal...

"Once went to 10 Downing Street, & I stole a napkin.... pretty much the same thing !"

Tobiaski thinks he's got problems being the grandson of a suspected Soviet spy? I'm related to Muffin the Mule! The puppet, that is, not the deviancy!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Firesafetydave wrote:According to The Daily Mail, recently declassified papers implicate Toby Flood's German grandfather as a Communist spy, or at least married to one!

Can you amend the title of this thread as there is a similar article in The Times? Haven't read both to see if they put a different slant on it, but Toby is mentioned in The Times.
Firesafetydave

Post by Firesafetydave »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Can you amend the title of this thread as there is a similar article in The Times? Haven't read both to see if they put a different slant on it, but Toby is mentioned in The Times.
Looks the same in the Mail and Times...
Te audire no possum. Musa sapienum fixa est in aura.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: Excrement throwing article in DM & The Times

Post by Old Hob »

I think the Times article is supposed to be that dread phrase "light-hearted". I certainly took it like that. Just a piece of curious history about a well-known family
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Previously posted yesterday on Transfer news -
Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Robespierre wrote:
The faint rumour of Toby Flood coming back is fading even more as he may now be going to Union Bordeaux Bègles.

More on Toby Lieven Flood - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... sians.html
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

wormus wrote:

Previously posted yesterday on Transfer news -
Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Robespierre wrote:
The faint rumour of Toby Flood coming back is fading even more as he may now be going to Union Bordeaux Bègles.

More on Toby Lieven Flood - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... sians.html
Thank you Mr McCoatup.......I knew I'd posted on this earlier this morning......
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Well Maidman all the travel agents in my acquaintance were very good people, I'm sorry if you had a bad experience maybe you would like to elucidate us on what went wrong in your case?
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Noddy555 wrote:Well Maidman all the travel agents in my acquaintance were very good people, I'm sorry if you had a bad experience maybe you would like to elucidate us on what went wrong in your case?
I do recall you saying you went to some less than salubrious places. Perhaps you were Maidman's tour guide on one of these trips?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

The Wail is simply reporting some information which has been released from previously unpublished government files. Where is the excrement and at whom is it being flung? I think you have been fooled.

You are an SJW with a hatred, perhaps justified, of the Daily Wail and I claim my Lobby Lud £5!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

For H's dad No Maidman wouldn't have survived an hour in some of the places I've visited and I think I used the term not very salubrious out of politeness, Mostly
on at least 6 occasions I wouldn't have let my wife, daughter or grandmother walk the streets and that was in the daytime. After dark even I rarely ventured to sally forth.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Noddy555 wrote:For H's dad No Maidman wouldn't have survived an hour in some of the places I've visited and I think I used the term not very salubrious out of politeness, Mostly
on at least 6 occasions I wouldn't have let my wife, daughter or grandmother walk the streets and that was in the daytime. After dark even I rarely ventured to sally forth.
Well Noddy Did your wife know of your hourly ventures with Miss Sally Forth? :smt018