Clash at HQ for 5 years

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Clash at HQ for 5 years

Post by trendylfj »

The Bath lads at today's game told us that the fixture against Tigers would be at HQ for the next 5 years. I hadn't heard that before today and would be very disappointed not to be able to go to the Rec for the next 5 years. Anyone else heard this??????
Hehehehehehehehe
TigerintheCatStand
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Clash at HQ for 5 years

Post by TigerintheCatStand »

Yes I have heard this too. Although not from a reliable source so all we know is it is true that it is a rumour.

Given the success of today I expect Bath to make a game at HQ a regular event. Doubt they would play against a Soth West club at HQ, nor with due respect Sale or Newcastle.......in reality us, Sarries, or maybe wasps but I am guessing. No doubt we will find out in time.

Enjoyed today despite the loss but also enjoy going to The Rec.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Well despite the result? To put up with the Mad Max dross, mindless PA, and a set of really drunk Bath fans that bought the stewards in - you can shove the clash at Twickers where the sun don't shine for the next 5 years. The Rec is a great place to visit and rugby should be left where it belongs at the club's ground!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Agreed. Today was nothing that a cash cow to get bums on seats and people at the bar. The Rec is on our list of away matches to go to and I'll be disappointed if they do continue involving Tigers in "The Clash". All that was bad about Twickenham was there today. The nothing but social drinkers (stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down), the god awful music and the senseless (and classless) PA idiot who insisted on "whipping up the atmosphere" at wholly inappropriate moments.

Bath, please have us back at the Rec.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I think all clubs and grounds should follow what football do and close the bars during the game. Why people want to spend 5 minutes "getting the drinks in" 2 or 3 times during the match, I have no idea.
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

I'd heard Bath are planning to have one home match at Twickenham for this and the next four seasons. However, I don't think it's been confirmed it will always the match against Leicester.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

The Bath lads were absolutely certain that it was the Leicester game that was going to be at Twickenham for the next 5 years. They said that contract had already been signed. One of them also said that the home side could decide where any game was going to be played as long as the ground met Prem rules regarding standards. I really don't know anything other than what they said.
Hehehehehehehehe
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Hot_Charlie wrote:Agreed. Today was nothing that a cash cow to get bums on seats and people at the bar. The Rec is on our list of away matches to go to and I'll be disappointed if they do continue involving Tigers in "The Clash". All that was bad about Twickenham was there today. The nothing but social drinkers (stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down), the god awful music and the senseless (and classless) PA idiot who insisted on "whipping up the atmosphere" at wholly inappropriate moments.
Bath, please have us back at the Rec.
I have to totally agree with Tigercam & HotCharlie & others, having arrived early at the Stadium the sea of Bath flags on every third seat,the terrible PA idiot who whipped up Bath support when they were under extreme pressure - 5 metre scrum on their line Tigers put in & Doyle gives them a resultant penalty for dropping our scrum,the loud crowd raising Sweet Caroline would have Concorde sounding quiet,a lowly sounding Eye of the Tiger, flaming chariots delivering the ball, a smerking Craig and the fact that Tigers were not given a ticket allocation to their "Home" game forcing loyal Tigers fans to use their expensive 0845 ticket line or Ticketmaster.
But most annoying were the crowds who knew nothing about the game, who constantly caused us and the rows in front to stand up at all times irrespective of breaks in play to "dewater" and return in a unstable state with even more 4 pint trays of £6-50 pint cooking beers. Should we force Bath to purchase their tickets through Tigers for their next seasons match at Welford Road??
Return to the Rec next year. Given the atmosphere Wasps would ideally fit the bill with Bath to event Twickenham. :smt013
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Bath should be deducted at least two points because it was one of their drunken fans who made a pitch invasion with about 4 minutes to go and he was only half- heartedly chased by the stewards who were atrocious. Apart from the obvious lifetime ban that this particular individual will suffer, the delay caused by this intrusion happened at a time when The Tigers were rebuilding momentum , Any Bath Official or Fan who believes contrary to this just displays how callow and hollow Bath have become as a club, As for playing this fixture at Twickers for the next 5 years FORGET IT! Tigers should insist that the Aviva inform Bath that this is impossible and I would be of the same view even if we had won yesterday. What I'd like to hear is the view of Bath Traders particularly those situated near their home ground.
DigDag

Post by DigDag »

I agree with many of the comments posted so far, in particular those referring to the ridiculous P.A. announcer and, in the above comment, the response from traders around the city of Bath. I am still getting used to a new job which has fully freed up my weekends for the first time in almost 40 years, so I have just returned from a very enjoyable weekend in Richmond. I must admit, I got a bit emotional being back at HQ for the first time since Tigers' most recent triumph there in 2013. I had a good crowd around me, spoiled only slightly by the five very young lads beside me who clearly had no idea whatsoever what was going on. Accompanying them was a character The Fast Show might have used . . . "Commentator Dad". Leaving aside the rights and wrongs of Bath moving the fixture to HQ, though, forgetting all the controversy about the recent coaching changes at Leicester, I have just one plea to make to the Tigers management. Never, ever, ever, impose on us an embarrassing P.A. announcer imploring us to cheer for our team. Wasps do it, Saints do it, Bath do it. It makes me cringe. We're still in there with a chance of a semi-final spot, can't wait to get back to Welford Road next weekend.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

DigDag wrote:I agree with many of the comments posted so far, in particular those referring to the ridiculous P.A. announcer and, in the above comment, the response from traders around the city of Bath.

I have just one plea to make to the Tigers management.
Never, ever, ever, impose on us an embarrassing P.A. announcer imploring us to cheer for our team. Wasps do it, Saints do it, Bath do it. It makes me cringe. We're still in there with a chance of a semi-final spot, can't wait to get back to Welford Road next weekend.
I totally agree with DigDag & Noddy but the PA disease is spreading not only at Wasps / Northampton today, Bath yesterday but Harlequins PA announcements and the starters of Manfred Mann's Mighty Quin ring out when they are under pressure. Let Tigers remain a real club with standards not a Disney Micky Mouse Panto outfit. :smt027
sebco
Tiger Cub

Post by sebco »

Presumably this fixture will be included in the Barf season ticket. I know I would be seriously peeved if tigers took one of our home games to HQ or heaven forbid Wembley
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

sebco wrote:Presumably this fixture will be included in the Barf season ticket. I know I would be seriously peeved if tigers took one of our home games to HQ or heaven forbid Wembley
I asked the Bath lads that and they said that season ticket holders got tickets free in a "similar area" at HQ and even the box holders had a box given to them so no-one lost out.

My response was petrol and what about the non drivers or people who worked Saturday mornings. No response to that.

What I am annoyed about is that we were not given an allocation and that, if true, I will miss my visit to the rec for the next 5 years.
Hehehehehehehehe
big john
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by big john »

Sorry to say this guy's but this is how the sport is and will be going forward and if you want the sport and the clubs to last you are just going to have to suck it up or just stop going(this option only hurts the clubs more).

The pro game is all about the money in the end and this style of game makes more money end of.

Tigers have a great ground that can hold a lot of fans but even we can't match the numbers that turned out and for a club with a smaller ground its a no brainer and I am sure it will happen more and more.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Noddy555 wrote:Bath should be deducted at least two points because it was one of their drunken fans who made a pitch invasion with about 4 minutes to go and he was only half- heartedly chased by the stewards who were atrocious
Now, that's comedy.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.