Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Teams up vs Bath

Post by wormus »

Tigerbeat wrote:
jgriffin wrote:On two occasions that I could see plainly from my seat near the front, the Bath 3 gripped under Genge and pulled down, Bath pen. I also predicted exactly what would happen when we had a 5m scrum, they fold, they get pen decision against us - called it before the scrum started. At halftime the Bath coaches must have told thenm to go with it.
However, the only things that lost us the game IMO was 1: not having Brady on the bench to sub JPP after 55 when he was clearly wilting and cramping - it was 24 degrees outside, and probbaly nearer 30 on the pitch, and 2: whoever had the ridiculous game plan for the second half. We then compunded it with howlers.

Once upon a time we used to do this frequently, passed along the line with static ball and didn't sub intelligently. Also at that time we had no use for the Academy. Surely a coincidence...... :smt017
Was Brady not injured in one of the last few games?
Well Brady is playing today in the "A"League game at Lichfield along with Tom Croft & Betham - yesterdays Waterboys. But no Smithy! another must win game. http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/265 ... OoQYogrLmY
I too feel JPP has let the club down as in his first game he was yellow carded.
Brady or Betham should have started yesterday on the wing & JPP on the bench.
But this week he will be on the Oval Park naughty step. :smt045
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

The late penalty kick to the bottom left corner would have put us in an excellent
position for a catch and drive over which I think we would have got.
With Owen missing touch we lost the chance and the game
Mind you, it was well over the line so great credit must go the the Bath FB for
the high catch that kept it in play.
It was tight and my Baaaarth friends thought they had blown it at half time!
The game did act as an example of the value of a good kicker.
MOC was not my choice of head coach but let us see how things develop during
once he is well established.
A life long Tiger
byrontiger

Post by byrontiger »

Voice of the Crumbie, were you in L9?
Whoever you were, huge congrats for standing up for Tigers in a huge sea of Bath fans. :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
And their revenge is as the tiger's spring,
Deadly, and quick and crushing.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

byrontiger wrote:Voice of the Crumbie, were you in L9?
Unfortunately not byrontiger.

Regrettably I cannot travel to away games these days as I am the full time carer for my wife. Welford Rd is usually ok as I can be back home within half an hour if needed and as long as the kick off is at a reasonable time. Evening ko's are becoming almost impossible as she seems to need most help then.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

L Smith wrote:
Spot on Roly. It's inconceivable that anyone could recover from one week to the next. Yoda not you are. :smt002
There is an EPS agreement that some of the England contingent had to be rested. Ford was 'rested' because of this. The commentators and pundits confirmed this by referring to Bath's official communiques. Blackadder had gambled on the French team not travelling too well and rested others.

Bath did not field a full strength team.

The players were not injured.
Last edited by Roly on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ellis9 wrote:He's good enough for the most successful English club in history :smt023

That's good enough for me!

Word is, Genge and our forwards practice their scrums by trying to move the trophy cabinet. It's impossible to move though as it is too heavy as it's so full. In fact it's that full, you probably couldn't fit all the trophies into the Rec :smt023 #mygardenshed #isbiggerthanthis
Perhaps that's why you appear to be so blinkered, all you seem able to do is refer back to history. History, by definition, has already happened.

It is the lack of structured forward thinking that has held the club back now. Here. In the present.

Genge had a fair game on Saturday, but he was outplayed when it mattered.

JP was unlucky to get a yellow card I think, but it's on small margins that games are won and lost, and Tigers do not seem to have the nouse to string two decent performances together.

It is generally recognised that Tigers have an 'easier' run in than Bath, but who would put it past Tigers to lose away to Worcester when it really might count.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

It's also our history that makes people believe we have a god forsaken right to be winning things every season. Just because we have won so much in the past, it doesn't mean we will always be as successful as we once were.

It may be history but it's a :censored: good history that no other club can match and one that we should all be massively proud of. You may not recognise our history and be proud of it but I am.

I also recognise that we cannot live on the past and we move on but one thing about history is it cannot be changed. No one will take away our huge, successful history.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ellis9 wrote:
It may be history but it's a :censored: good history that no other club can match
I'd suggest that they can. And will.

Looking forward that is. Not back.

You acknowledge that 'we' can't live in the past and must 'move on', yet your post was an attempt to defend Genge's indifferent performance by citing the club's history. Confusing at best.
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

voice of the crumbie wrote:
Old Hob wrote:
voice of the crumbie wrote: Also why was Ben Youngs not allowed to tap and go when we won a scrum penalty? Happy to have that explained to me. Otherwise another ludicrous decision by an allegedly experienced referee.
Ben was at least 10 yards in front of the place where the infringement occurred
Thanks for the clarification, Old Hob.
JPD called Ben back for 'players on the ground'. There is no law stating that this can prevent a quick tap, shame really as Ben was away.

FYI Freddie took the penalty 2 metres in front of where Ben took the quick tap!
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Was surprised that Luke Harrison played at all. He was heaving his guts up being sick for a couple of minutes towards the end of the warm up. No-one seemed either to notice or show any interest in what he was doing but at least it was off the playing surface. YUCK
Hehehehehehehehe
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Well after a promising start it was back to the hoof it and hope approach. So obviously not working but it continued and meant Tigers were defending too much, pretty obvious that sooner or later Bath would break through and win the game. Which they did.

Tigers attacks in the 22 are also predictable, slow ball, too static, sooner or later knock on or get turned over. Come away with no points.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

trendylfj wrote:Was surprised that Luke Harrison played at all. He was heaving his guts up being sick for a couple of minutes towards the end of the warm up. No-one seemed either to notice or show any interest in what he was doing but at least it was off the playing surface. YUCK

He had obviously been drink the same "pop" as you Jack, I think you mean Hamilton? :smt030

No, but its quite a common problem, when they undergo such physical warm ups, nerves as well! :smt002
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Hamilton is always sick during warm ups lol saw him do it at WR plenty of times and I sit right in front of where the players hit the bags in the MW.
clarkey80
Tiger Cub

Post by clarkey80 »

Whoever you were, huge congrats for standing up for Tigers in a huge sea of Bath fans. :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
I was in L9 with my dad and my boy.
Was my boy's first trip to HQ and first time he's seen Tigers lose!
He's only 7 and the noise of the bath fans celebrating the last try upset him! Was hoping to be around more tigers fans!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

clarkey80 wrote:
I was in L9 with my dad and my boy.
Was my boy's first trip to HQ and first time he's seen Tigers lose!
He's only 7 and the noise of the bath fans celebrating the last try upset him! Was hoping to be around more tigers fans!
Like I said on another topic, Tigers did not take up of the ticket allocation, hence why there was very little grouping of tiger fans
God created rugby so footballers have heros too