Coach

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

upandunder
Top Cat
Top Cat

Coach

Post by upandunder »

So , Ackermann to Gloucester. Obviously not on the list of those who our consultants "scoured" the world for!!!!!
Tigerbeat

Re: Coach

Post by Tigerbeat »

Perhaps he was already in talks with Gloucester?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Apparently he was one of the names the company came back with but Tigers had stipulated they wanted the new coach to have Premiership experience so he was swiftly ruled out.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

They are welcome to him I've never rated the man.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

ellis9 wrote:Apparently he was one of the names the company came back with but Tigers had stipulated they wanted the new coach to have Premiership experience so he was swiftly ruled out.

Heard similar.
upandunder
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by upandunder »

So if we know this do we know who else was on the list? Or is the just drip fed to us ?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Does it matter? What difference does it make to us who was on the shortlist?

To be honest, I heard Cohen wanted MOC from the start and then the agency game up with some options, none of which had Premiership experience so MOC was the man they went for.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

So basically they wasted money when he had already made his mind up...Yep that sounds like Cohen :smt003
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Classic consultancy. Reinforce the employers already preferred solution. Take that money, slap that back, massage that ego
I'm not cynical just experienced
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

JackFlashJonny wrote:So basically they wasted money when he had already made his mind up...Yep that sounds like Cohen :smt003
BoD disagreed? Or is Peter Tom not Cohen's boss. And the senior players? :smt018
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
upandunder
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by upandunder »

Ellis9. What's your problem? If it didn't matter (to me) I would not have asked. Good for you if your not bothered but at least let others have an interest. The clue is in the word Forum.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

You don't rate Ackermannn Noddy? Are you mad man!
Clowbeck
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Clowbeck »

A moot point now, but highlighting Premiership experience as a must have during search for a new DoR / HC has potential to shoot us in the foot. Eddie Jones doesnt have Premiership experience but knows the competition pretty much as well as any and is technically capable of competing on paper with other potential coaches...he wouldnt make final cut.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Clowbeck wrote:A moot point now, but highlighting Premiership experience as a must have during search for a new DoR / HC has potential to shoot us in the foot. Eddie Jones doesnt have Premiership experience but knows the competition pretty much as well as any and is technically capable of competing on paper with other potential coaches...he wouldnt make final cut.
Absolutely. Neither had most of our DORs and coaches, even those who won stuff. A specious argument, list of criteria and B(usiness)S(tudies) about consultants to justify MOC. Not necessarily a bad appointment ( :smt013 personally)but you do wonder what might have been.....
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

upandunder wrote:So if we know this do we know who else was on the list? Or is the just drip fed to us ?
upandunder wrote:Ellis9. What's your problem? If it didn't matter (to me) I would not have asked. Good for you if your not bothered but at least let others have an interest. The clue is in the word Forum.
Ok calm down!

I don't know who was on the shortlist but Cohen said:

"There were 2 major criteria- We wanted someone who had run a team before and won a significant trophy and also have to have had significant Premiership experience. There are very few candidates to tick all those boxes."

I'm guessing the shortlist was a very shortlist.
Last edited by ellis9 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.