After all the strife, well played Stade Français

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BeeJ

After all the strife, well played Stade Français

Post by BeeJ »

Congratulations to Stade Français. :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

Even with Josaia Raisuqe being sent off after 52 minutes, the men in pink came away from Cardiff with a great victory. I'm sure Ze Stade Fan is waking up in Paris this morning with a big smile on his face. Personally, I wouldn't fancy Bath's trip to Paris for the semi.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: After all the strife, well played Stade Français

Post by Robespierre »

BeeJ wrote:Congratulations to Stade Français. :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

Even with Josaia Raisuqe being sent off after 52 minutes, the men in pink came away from Cardiff with a great victory. I'm sure Ze Stade Fan is waking up in Paris this morning with a big smile on his face. Personally, I wouldn't fancy Bath's trip to Paris for the semi.
And I'm pleased too for SF! It would be great if they were to win the Challenge cup, but Top14 leaders by a country mile, La Rochelle, will be firm favourites.
Semper in excretia
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Robespierre wrote:

And I'm pleased too for SF! It would be great if they were to win the Challenge cup, but Top14 leaders by a country mile, La Rochelle, will be firm favourites.
I genuinely couldn't believe my ears when during match commentary, they said that La Rochelle were Top 14 leaders. Who saw that coming?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Roly wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

I genuinely couldn't believe my ears when during match commentary, they said that La Rochelle were Top 14 leaders. Who saw that coming?
No one, not even the most fervent "Rochelais" supporters!! They are 11 points clear at the top and will surely secure a bonus point victory on Saturday against Union Bordeau/Bègles. They'll have automatic qualification for the semi-finals and who would bet against them being champions!!
Semper in excretia
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Thanks for the congratulations, mighty Tigers!

All three tries from Stade Français were scored with a man down. Raisuque deserved his punishment on the spot. Now ten weeks ? Well, the law is the law I guess. Anyway, what a performance ! Everyone on the pitch showed character, solidarity and even skills ! :smt026

Well, that was sweet. Now following the unceasing rift between FFR (the union) and LNR (the professional League) we might have to play THREE games in 9 days, the latter being against Barf ! Wooooooooo poooooor Stade Français ! :smt009
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Won't it be Ironic if Stadte win the challenge cup and Racing manage to finish in the top 6 of the French 14 and then both find that the new merged club can't participate in the champions cup because of the rules?
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Noddy555 wrote:Won't it be Ironic if Stadte win the challenge cup and Racing manage to finish in the top 6 of the French 14 and then both find that the new merged club can't participate in the champions cup because of the rules?
Hi Noddy: the merger is dead in the water.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... ance-paris
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Thank god for that Smithy one of my many female friends is a Racing supporter and she'll be over the moon at that news. Go Madeleine Go.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Noddy555 wrote:Thank god for that Smithy one of my many female friends is a Racing supporter and she'll be over the moon at that news. Go Madeleine Go.
If this is the Madeleine I know in Paris, she goes extremely well :smt007
Semper in excretia