What team for the Clash

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: What team for the Clash

Post by L Smith »

I think Tait needs to be in the 23: especially now he's re-signed. Would he be better on the bench as Full back / Centre / wing cover?
Depends on if we go for a 5/3 or 6/2 split
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

We won't go for a 6/2 split L Smith unless both OW and FB start but that would be incredibly unfair on MM. I think it will be exactly the same 23 as Saints barring injuries with possibly Thacker and Betham in the mix.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

So
Genge
Youngs
Cole
Barrow
Kitchener
Fitzgerald
BOC
Hamilton
Youngs
Burns
JPP
Mermoz
Tait
Thompstone
Veainu

Rizzo,McGuigan,Bateman,Williams,McCaffrey/Thacker,White,Williams,Roberts/Betham
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Scott11 wrote:Id leave Betham out tbh and bench Roberts,he hasn't done enough lately to deserve a place for me. Plus Roberts is super quick and his pace will be invaluable late in the game
What about the pack, do we go for a strong powerful pack or a fast mobile one?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Id be tempted to stick with the same pack although to contradict a big pet hate of mine,this could be the game where two 7s in the same team work,combating Louw on the floor and extra pace to combat Faletau in the wider channels.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

I'd go with:

Joe Strummer
Mick Jones
Paul Simonon
Topper Headon
Terry Chimes
Don Letts
Keith Levene
Nick Sheppard
Vince White
Pete Howard
Rob Harper

:smt030 :smt030 :smt043 :smt043
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

What we need for the clash is a Leicester fan contingent numbering more than 10,000. I know that this is possible. What a fantastic sight it would be for our players to run out and sea a wall of Red and Green, or the yellow away shirts. That would give any team a lift and be more colourful than the boring black white and Blue of Bath.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Mike Williams has to start, he's our best back row player - hence in the England squad!! Besides Genge he's also our only serious carrier.
Soggypitch
LittleBigG

Post by LittleBigG »

Noddy555 wrote:What we need for the clash is a Leicester fan contingent numbering more than 10,000. I know that this is possible. What a fantastic sight it would be for our players to run out and sea a wall of Red and Green, or the yellow away shirts. That would give any team a lift and be more colourful than the boring black white and Blue of Bath.
*Yawn* I'd rather they be playing in front of 4 Tigers fans and 12 Bath fans (unfortunately their dog is not allowed). Money wins again; Brucey will be rubbing his hands regardless of the result.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

1.Genge
2.Youngs (c)
3.Cole
4.Barrow (v.c)
5.Kitchener
6.Williams
7.O'Connor
8.McCaffery

9.Youngs
10.Burns

11.JPP
12.Williams
13.Mermoz
14.Thompstone
15.Veainu

16.McGuigan
17.Rizzo
18.Cilliers
19.Fitzgerald
20.Thacker
21.Kitto
22.Tait
23.Betham

Back row was toughest decisions. Hamilton has been excellent at 8 but McCaffery offers a bit more pace around the big HQ pitch. Locky also has the handling skills around contact to move the ball well.

The 9-10-12 axis of YBY-Burns-OW gives the kicking game that we will need at Twickers.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

ABClub wrote:1.Genge
2.Youngs (c)
3.Cole
4.Barrow (v.c)
5.Kitchener
6.Williams
7.O'Connor
8.McCaffery

9.Youngs
10.Burns

11.JPP
12.Williams
13.Mermoz
14.Thompstone
15.Veainu

16.McGuigan
17.Rizzo
18.Cilliers
19.Fitzgerald
20.Thacker
21.Kitto
22.Tait
23.Betham

Back row was toughest decisions. Hamilton has been excellent at 8 but McCaffery offers a bit more pace around the big HQ pitch. Locky also has the handling skills around contact to move the ball well.

The 9-10-12 axis of YBY-Burns-OW gives the kicking game that we will need at Twickers.
I think you've got the pack about right, although with BOC and McCaffrey starting I'd probably have Hamilton on the bench. Not sure about 12/13. I suspect we'll stick with the Mermoz/Tait combo.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Burns and O'Connor both failed HIAs so could be in doubt for the game...hope not
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Seal
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Seal »

Burns is especially more worrying, as he's had at least 2 other HIAs this year, so could be forced to have a longer rest. He's also one of the few in the squad that's stayed in England whilst the rest have jetted off this week!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Seal wrote:Burns is especially more worrying, as he's had at least 2 other HIAs this year, so could be forced to have a longer rest. He's also one of the few in the squad that's stayed in England whilst the rest have jetted off this week!
Fingers crossed they are both ok. At least they have two weeks to recover
I like ABC's team although personally I would have Batemen and Hamilton on the bench.
Any news on Harrison?
Soggypitch
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

I am less concerned with selection more whether the players will have their heads in the right place. A week off and regime change is not, IMHO, the best way to prepare for the biggest league game of the season. If MOC has anything about him he will look for continuity, so as far as possible I think he should go with the Saints game 23. Obviously injury/HIA could enforce change but otherwise he should not make any changes.