New Tigers podcast

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

New Tigers podcast

Post by sammy »

Hi guys - long time forum member but I haven't posted properly in ages. I'm a season ticket holder and lifelong Tigers fan .

I now work on the Leicester Mercury's website and I want to flag the new podcast with rugby writers Paul Jones and Martin Crowson. It's a good listen.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/leice ... story.html

While I'm here if anyone's got any suggestions or comments about our coverage give me a shout - always open to ideas.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: New Tigers podcast

Post by Iain »

Hi Sammy. I remember you posting here in ye olde days.

Looking forward to listening to this. I've felt we've needed a good independent podcast since the Crumbie Podcast ceased to be. Plus what Crowson doesn't know about the club isn't worth knowing anyway.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Thanks for the 'heads up' Sammy.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Yes - just listened to it - enjoyed it. Hopefully, the guys will not be averse to sharing opinions, rumours and controversies surrounding both players and management. Imperative imho that they do not become unofficial mouthpieces for the Club!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I used to listen to it every week but I think it becomes samey. I'd like to hear the players talk in more general rather just trotting it "we need to put in a performance on Saturday". England rugby do some fun quizzes or double act discussions, etc. Also would be good to hear from people behind the scenes. How about getting in the people who run the bars! I just think a bit more imagination is required.

Slater of the current playing group is always a great guest.

Chuter is one of the better ex-players.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

ourla wrote:I used to listen to it every week but I think it becomes samey. I'd like to hear the players talk in more general rather just trotting it "we need to put in a performance on Saturday". England rugby do some fun quizzes or double act discussions, etc. Also would be good to hear from people behind the scenes. How about getting in the people who run the bars! I just think a bit more imagination is required.

This isn't the same podcast as the Radio Leicester ones.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Iain wrote:
ourla wrote:I used to listen to it every week but I think it becomes samey. I'd like to hear the players talk in more general rather just trotting it "we need to put in a performance on Saturday". England rugby do some fun quizzes or double act discussions, etc. Also would be good to hear from people behind the scenes. How about getting in the people who run the bars! I just think a bit more imagination is required.

This isn't the same podcast as the Radio Leicester ones.
Oh right. In which case I might give it a listen.

I've tried the eggchasers podcast and the Flats and Shanks one. TBH, a lot of the stuff is pretty boring.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

I can't get on with the Mercury website. Too many pop ups, despite how I change my iPhone settings.
I also get lots of articles "greyed out" unless I complete a survey.
As for the Merc's imbalance on the fans' view of the Matt O Connor signing...
:smt019
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man