Saracens v Bath

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Saracens v Bath

Post by Mark62 »

Now a rout 53 -10 as I type. Saracens playing some class rugby but Bath have capitulated especially after Lowe was replaced
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Saracens v Bath

Post by Soggypitch »

Brilliant. Bring on Twickenham!!
Soggypitch
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

They have a challenge cup quarterfinal next weekend too, will be interesting to see what side they put out as their resources are stretched in some areas
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

What is more concerning we are taking baffs 10. Hopefully Oval Park may teach him not to be soft!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I think that Sarries Trashing of Bath just underlines the fact that if Tigers play at their best a week on Saturday, then a vital victory is possible. I would urge all fans who have not done so to buy tickets for this fixture, After all it may be your one and only chance to visit Twickers this season.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Noddy555 wrote:I think that Sarries Trashing of Bath just underlines the fact that if Tigers play at their best a week on Saturday, then a vital victory is possible.
And some question your astuteness Noddy...
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Best not read too much into the result against Sarries. Barff have both eyes on Tigers. They don't care how their season goes providing they put one over on Tigers. Expect a backlash.
Bannerman was getting back to form - Rocko was snuffed out early doors.
Their target is Tigers - nothing else matters.
Please lets not let this week-end result against Sarries undermine the fact that we need to be at it at HQ.
My place is booked and I need to be putting one over Barff and AH that well known gob :censored: who only needs a excuse to put down his old club.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Soggypitch wrote:Brilliant. Bring on Twickenham!!

I have my ticket!! Looking forward to this one. Crunch game, MOC in charge, Bath on the backlash. What could go wrong?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Bath had a few players returning from injury and suspension so the side weren't really cohesive, there were some good individual performances but not much else. A swirling wind and the plastic pitch made life that little more difficult.

We all know that if you don't bring your best to Allianz Park it's going to get ugly. Bath didn't as noted above and got absolutely crushed as they faltered in the second half.

Bath will want some silverware to ease the pressure from disillusioned fans so expect them to name a strong team next week. Similarly they need the win against us so I doubt they'll much rotation it'll be a case of best 23 available.
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

I'm sure I'm being dense, but why is the match at Twickers?
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Ads677 wrote:I'm sure I'm being dense, but why is the match at Twickers?
Money I would think - some marketing person obviously saw an opportunity to maximise profit - I'd like to think they were clairvoyant in some way and foresaw the importance of the match, but the cynic in me can't see past the potential profit.

Still, you can't fault it, they've sold 50000 tickets so far.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Roly wrote:
Ads677 wrote:I'm sure I'm being dense, but why is the match at Twickers?
Money I would think - some marketing person obviously saw an opportunity to maximise profit - I'd like to think they were clairvoyant in some way and foresaw the importance of the match
Like the same Claire Voyant decided to shut the Great Western line about the Bath area for the electrification and engineering works forcing their supporters to coach from Bath & Chippenham that weekend. A must win match for Tigers. :smt023