Woods stamping on Youngs arm.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Woods stamping on Youngs arm.

Post by jonlin »

I have watch the reply and Woods seemed to go way past the ball, to stamp on Ben's arm. With duty of care to fellow players, this may warrant a look by the citing officer. Fortunate not to have a broken arm/wrist.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Woods stamping on Youngs arm.

Post by tigercaspian »

jonlin wrote:I have watch the reply and Woods seemed to go way past the ball, to stamp on Ben's arm. With duty of care to fellow players, this may warrant a look by the citing officer. Fortunate not to have a broken arm/wrist.
Not to mention the Tigers ankle he got as well......
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I thin they would have asked the TMO to look at it at the time but they didn't do can only assume there was pretty much nothing in it. I suspect if Wood had tried to stamp on BYs arm/hand all hell would have broken loose!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Overall the most clean uncontentious east midlands derby for some time.
(Not that that is saying a lot!!)
Soggypitch
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Soggypitch wrote:Overall the most clean uncontentious east midlands derby for some time.
(Not that that is saying a lot!!)
I haven't watched the replay yet, but I am pretty sure I saw a swinging arm from Hartley when he hit a ruck, nothing was said by the commentators so it was probably my eyesight. But I agree it was a pretty well contested match, for me, Ellis Genge was the MoM
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Depends how you look at it. I wouldn't want that to be a red card. But then I recall David Mele being sent off for similar at the Rec a couple of seasons ago.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Iain wrote:Depends how you look at it. I wouldn't want that to be a red card. But then I recall David Mele being sent off for similar at the Rec a couple of seasons ago.

That is exactly what I was thinking when I saw it...Wood was on the cusp of foul play all game and this should of definitely be reviewed

The issue we have is the refs across the league are not of equal standard..people know they can get away with a lot as in this match compared to if it was Barnes for instance...
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

JackFlashJonny wrote:
The issue we have is the refs across the league are not of equal standard..people know they can get away with a lot as in this match compared to if it was Barnes for instance...
Greg Garner is one of the weakest refs. He is happy for the TMO and touchjudges to make all of the decisions (and they know it).
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JackFlashJonny wrote:
Iain wrote:Depends how you look at it. I wouldn't want that to be a red card. But then I recall David Mele being sent off for similar at the Rec a couple of seasons ago.

That is exactly what I was thinking when I saw it...Wood was on the cusp of foul play all game and this should of definitely be reviewed

The law interpretations were made clear at the start of the season if you put your boot into a ruck you have a care of duty. The fact he stamps down on the scrum half's hand should have been reviewed and was possibly (I'd want to see a close up replay) a yellow card.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

MrPartridge wrote:I thin they would have asked the TMO to look at it at the time but they didn't do can only assume there was pretty much nothing in it. I suspect if Wood had tried to stamp on BYs arm/hand all hell would have broken loose!
I think OTY did ask for a TMO review but Garner wasn't interested. I thought all hell would break loose when Clark broke Hawkins elbow but the nearest we got was when West offered Cockers out to the car park for a 'frank discussion' as Cockers was complaining about the incident after the game. There does seem to be a touch of the snide in Stains game sadly.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

GS wrote:
MrPartridge wrote:I thin they would have asked the TMO to look at it at the time but they didn't do can only assume there was pretty much nothing in it. I suspect if Wood had tried to stamp on BYs arm/hand all hell would have broken loose!
I think OTY did ask for a TMO review but Garner wasn't interested. I thought all hell would break loose when Clark broke Hawkins elbow but the nearest we got was when West offered Cockers out to the car park for a 'frank discussion' as Cockers was complaining about the incident after the game. There does seem to be a touch of the snide in Stains game sadly.
I remember after Hartley was referred to the TMO for an alleged bite against us at the Gardens. After the game I saw a very frank private conversation between Slater and Hartley away from everyone.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

GS wrote:
I think OTY did ask for a TMO review but Garner wasn't interested.
I'm not surprised, there wasn't hardly anything in it. YBY initially tried to milk a penalty but when he realised Garner wasn't having anything of it, he carried on as if nothing had happened (rather apt).
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Roly wrote:
GS wrote:
I think OTY did ask for a TMO review but Garner wasn't interested.
I'm not surprised, there wasn't hardly anything in it. YBY initially tried to milk a penalty but when he realised Garner wasn't having anything of it, he carried on as if nothing had happened (rather apt).
Nonsense, it was a stamp!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Hinckley Bob wrote:
Yep nonsense, exactly what Garner thought too.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Roly wrote:
Hinckley Bob wrote:
Yep nonsense, exactly what Garner thought too.
Garner is a weak referee who will avoid making decisions if he can. Listen to communications from touch judges and TMO, they do not politely advise him, they make decisions for him. Again, it was a stamping action, not a step over.