Ellis Genge

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ellis Genge

Post by fortysix »

This lad is the most promising prop in British Rugby and basically was the main reason we won today.

He seems to have conquered his temper on the field, and how England can ignore him from now on will be interesting to see

Would not surprise me if Gatland didnt pick him, but he certainly has become indispensable if he keeps grounded, what a selection of quality props we have !!
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Ellis Genge

Post by CJ »

Superb today. I'm sure he'll be in the England squad soon.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

He was the MOM for me today and the main reason we won - just brilliant
Hehehehehehehehe
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

By his own admission the lad is enjoying himself since joining Tigers - long may he reign!! :smt027
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

fortysix wrote:This lad is the most promising prop in British Rugby and basically was the main reason we won today.

He seems to have conquered his temper on the field, and how England can ignore him from now on will be interesting to see

Would not surprise me if Gatland didnt pick him, but he certainly has become indispensable if he keeps grounded, what a selection of quality props we have !!
Absolute agreement here :smt023

I might be mistaken but I'm sure at one point in today's game he was asking Brookes how he managed to get selected for England, maybe unsavoury for some but I thought the mind games he played and then backed up by destroying Brookes in the scrum were majestic.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
fortysix wrote:This lad is the most promising prop in British Rugby and basically was the main reason we won today.

Absolute agreement here :smt023

I might be mistaken but I'm sure at one point in today's game he was asking Brookes how he managed to get selected for England, maybe unsavoury for some but I thought the mind games he played and then backed up by destroying Brookes in the scrum were majestic.
Nothing wrong in asking a polite question? maybe he also invited him around for tea after the game?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

How he didn't win MOTM was a mystery to me. Owen Williams did well for the 40 minutes he played but Ellis was outstanding for 80 minutes.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

He is becoming one hell of a player. Genge > Marler?
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes Genge had a massive game today and as somebody said he's already up there with the World's leading loose head props and he's a Tiger, Wonderful.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

I'm certainly not speaking from serious expertise in propping, but to me he appears to have made astonishing progress technically in a matter of months. No doubt much praise is due to Boris S - but I guess that Marcos has been using his long injury break to support Ellis as well. With Dan coming back to his best....happy days ahead?!

I thought Barrow also had an excellent game yesterday. Not convinced we've got the back row right yet, mind. We have some good quality players there, but somehow can't find a combination that gels as a unit. If we can crack that then maybe we'll get the real fear factor back....and I know there's a lot of 'ifs' here, but I'd be pretty excited about seeing Youngs and Ford getting front foot ball and setting our fully fit backs flying next season!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Agree with the comments about the back row. I am a big Brenden O'Connor fan, but felt we did better when McCaffrey came on. I thought Fitzgerald did well yesterday but at the moment with current squad think our best back row would be Williams at 6 McCaffrey at 7 and Hamilton at 8
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Everyone says we need a good carrying No. 8 so why not play Williams there, McCaffrey/Hamilton/Croft at 6 and O'Connor/Evans/Thacker at 7?

That looks balanced to me.

We could still do with a quality 8 however and I don't mean the one from Glaus we have signed :smt009
Soggypitch
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Soggypitch wrote:Everyone says we need a good carrying No. 8 so why not play Williams there, McCaffrey/Hamilton/Croft at 6 and O'Connor/Evans/Thacker at 7?

That looks balanced to me.

We could still do with a quality 8 however and I don't mean the one from Glaus we have signed :smt009
Lack of pace and ball playing ability I guess
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

POSTIGER wrote:How he didn't win MOTM was a mystery to me. Owen Williams did well for the 40 minutes he played but Ellis was outstanding for 80 minutes.
Andy Goode chose the MOTM.....
brooksey845

Post by brooksey845 »

Fantastic work Genge! Learning from some fantastic players around him at what other club could he learn from Boris, Marcus, Rizzo having opposition of the current England tighthead.