Away to Saints

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Away to Saints

Post by Spicer »

We made it very hard for ourselves with our defense in the first half.
I've been critical of Ben Youngs playing better for England than Leicester for years, but today i thought he was great.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Never in doubt! Time for analysis later - or not at all! For now - loving the passion, the commitment...and the Mage!!! Thanks AM - top bloke! :smt038 :smt039
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

We had them in the scrum, topped up by a great display from tee by Freddie and Owen.
Miler missed, by his standards, two certs.
Happy Happy Happy!!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Remy time. One for BillW. One for Aaron. Totally exhausted after that one. :censored: well played lads. :censored: well played.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Silly mistakes nearly cost us the game , Williams kicking nerveless, great to see Coley and yby put in 80 minute shifts.

Second week running Genge was huge both in the loose and getting 5 scrum penalties, Lions outside bet anyone and for me motm

I would say we were more of a team and Stains performance dropped dramatically with the removal of Groome and especially Picamoles.

Let's kick on now under Matt O'Connor, it's not his fault he got the job, and get that top 4
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Committed, honest and selfless display, a tigers team that leaves everything on the pitch has now been seen for 2 weeks running, outstanding performance, under Mauger tigers have come so far from the early season shambles, why let him go, only time will tell if it was a good decision!!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Game of the season for me, mage may have presided over some shocking results but he is a fighter and the results from the last month or so have really spoken for his quality as a coach and as a bloke, I really hope the board know what they are doing appointing MOC
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Great Win, players did it for Mage, clearly he does not want to leave, why oh why didn't players do it earlier for him, guess injuries will be the answer, really think he has been wrongly done by! Hope he finds a good club soon.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

LE18 wrote:Great Win, players did it for Mage, clearly he does not want to leave, why oh why didn't players do it earlier for him, guess injuries will be the answer, really think he has been wrongly done by! Hope he finds a good club soon.
It'll be great to welcome him back to Welford Road when he brings his Saints team over next season! [...really wish I hadn't thought that, never mind said it!]
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

This seems so wrong but... C'mon Sarries
I'm not cynical just experienced
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Never say die Tigers through to the last of the 80 minutes, what an effort from all, Ellis you are a star amoung a Tigers team that has shown everyone what we are made of.
To Aaron l say thank you for all that you have done for our & your team of Tigers we will remember you with fondness for your obvious commitment to the team & we wish you well in where ever your next job takes you.
Maybe one day not to long away we will get the chance at Welford road to show our thanks for those efforts & obvious passion for this great club.
Thank you Aaron. :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt039
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Mark62 wrote:...

Second week running Genge was huge both in the loose and getting 5 scrum penalties, Lions outside bet anyone and for me motm...
I loved the way he appeared, to me anyway, to be asking how Tigers reject Brookes had become an England player. I know he had a bad reputation but today his behaviour was impeccable, impose himself, tell his oppo just how useless he is, let him boil up and stood his ground without being aggressive, other than verbally.

Just what I expect from a Tigers prop!
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Qbec wrote:Never say die Tigers through to the last of the 80 minutes, what an effort from all, Ellis you are a star amoung a Tigers team that has shown everyone what we are made of.
To Aaron l say thank you for all that you have done for our & your team of Tigers we will remember you with fondness for your obvious commitment to the team & we wish you well in where ever your next job takes you.
Maybe one day not to long away we will get the chance at Welford road to show our thanks for those efforts & obvious passion for this great club.
Thank you Aaron. :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt039

Well said Qbec. :smt038
Give blood, play rugby!!
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Wonderful display - they all played their hearts out for AM . A fitting send off for him - what have our Board done !
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

MikeR wrote:Wonderful display - they all played their hearts out for AM . A fitting send off for him - what have our Board done !

It's all well and good doing that now, but where was that 3 weeks ago v Exeter? If they had the coach they all like might still be with us.