Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Away to Saints

Post by Maidman »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
Maidman wrote:Forgive me, but I think Exeter are going to finish second, so talk of a semi final trip to Sarries is I think misplaced.

My best guestimate is that Sarries will finish five or six points behind Chiefs, but about 10 points ahead of us.
They've got virtually identical run ins (Quins, Saints, Bristol) up until the last match of the season (both away, Sarries at Wasps and Chiefs at Glaws). Considering Sarries are just a point behind Chiefs, and now are almost at full strength for the first time since October, I think trying to split the two may be difficult. I suspect 2nd and 3rd will be decided by no more than a point or two.
Yeah, my prediction is based on Sarries losing to Wasps at the Ricoh in the last game of the season.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Maidman wrote:Forgive me, but I think Exeter are going to finish second, so talk of a semi final trip to Sarries is I think misplaced.

My best guestimate is that Sarries will finish five or six points behind Chiefs, but about 10 points ahead of us.
Agreed, which is why I threw Chiefs into the discussion mix. Everyone seems to think that it will be Sarries or Wasps, but Chiefs is possible.

Anyone who knows anything ( :smt017 ) would be daft to discount it.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

One game at a time. Bath first which, apart from beating them before beating Stade in The Paris Cup final , has always managed to beat us at Twickers. Then Deano will have Newcastle pumped up and as for Sale and Worcester: both teams we struggle against. Beat Bath is now the only priority then , just then, maybe top four is on. Quins aren't out of it as they now have injured players and internationals returning. One thing is for sure, it will be a tense, exciting last few games for all top 7 clubs. On any day anyone can beat anyone. Lastly, will our new coach help or hinder. Our performances!!!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Maidman wrote:
Hot_Charlie wrote:

They've got virtually identical run ins (Quins, Saints, Bristol) up until the last match of the season (both away, Sarries at Wasps and Chiefs at Glaws). Considering Sarries are just a point behind Chiefs, and now are almost at full strength for the first time since October, I think trying to split the two may be difficult. I suspect 2nd and 3rd will be decided by no more than a point or two.
Yeah, my prediction is based on Sarries losing to Wasps at the Ricoh in the last game of the season.
Quite so. That said, with qualification (and 1st place perhaps) already sewn up by then, maybe Wasps may have an eye on the play offs by then? It could easily go either way, particularly if Sarries pack dominate. :smt001