Away to Saints

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3173
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Away to Saints

Post by Mark62 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:05 pm

MikeR wrote:Wonderful display - they all played their hearts out for AM . A fitting send off for him - what have our Board done !
I know this is an emotive subject, but they've appointed the bloke they feel best equipped to move the club forward.
I can't really see our current style changing much, hopefully continuing to develop, but give the coach and the board a chance till the end of the season

fentiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1822
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Wisbech

Re: Away to Saints

Post by fentiger » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:09 pm

Why wasn't Gengey MotM? :smt024

tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: Away to Saints

Post by tigercaspian » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:23 pm

RagingBull wrote:
MikeR wrote:Wonderful display - they all played their hearts out for AM . A fitting send off for him - what have our Board done !

It's all well and good doing that now, but where was that 3 weeks ago v Exeter? If they had the coach they all like might still be with us.
It may just be that some of the players were thinking 'we owe this bloke something'. Piddling about on Twitter doesnt matter a fig: it's what they do on the field that counts.
Plus of course it was Saints away, the second most important game of the season!
Last edited by tigercaspian on Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noddy555
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Re: Away to Saints

Post by Noddy555 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:23 pm

Excellent game full of incidents that made really good television viewing and Phew!we got the right result in the end. This now puts us six points clear of the saints and four ahead of the quins. We just have to hope that Bath lose tomorrow and we'll be at least two points ahead of them. The next crucial game is against
Bath at Twickers and I'm looking forward to my day out in London.

h's dad
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2438
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: In front of pc

Re: Away to Saints

Post by h's dad » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:25 pm

chewbacca wrote:This seems so wrong but... C'mon Sarries
Unless nest week is a draw I don't think the winner will matter. (deleted this bit because of repetitive stupidity)

I hope all of our injuries are ok. Any news on them anyone?
Last edited by h's dad on Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game

Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 457
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:47 pm
Location: Pinner

Re: Away to Saints

Post by Dave J » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:28 pm

Why wasn't Gengey MotM? :smt024
A good question, I think Goodey made the choice which might explain it.

To me the bigger surprise was, with all that attacking rugby, neither team got a TBP.
A citizen of hope and glory

Qbec
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:06 pm
Location: Wiltshire

Re: Away to Saints

Post by Qbec » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:31 pm

Don't forget Barf have Sarries tomorrow & the Brive in the Euro Cup next saturday before we play them at Twickers on the 8th April.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

10th Premiership Rugby Champions 2013

Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3173
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Away to Saints

Post by Mark62 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:33 pm

h's dad wrote:
chewbacca wrote:This seems so wrong but... C'mon Sarries
Unless nest week is a draw I don't think the winner will matter. What is more important than the score is that Bath really get it taken out of them and are still knackered after a six day turnaround for a fixture at a neutral ground.

I hope all of our injuries are ok for next week. Any news on them anyone?
I know next Saturday is April fools but I thing you'll find the Bath game is on the 8th

h's dad
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2438
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: In front of pc

Re: Away to Saints

Post by h's dad » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:38 pm

Mark62 wrote:
h's dad wrote:
chewbacca wrote:This seems so wrong but... C'mon Sarries
Unless nest week is a draw I don't think the winner will matter. What is more important than the score is that Bath really get it taken out of them and are still knackered after a six day turnaround for a fixture at a neutral ground.

I hope all of our injuries are ok for next week. Any news on them anyone?
I know next Saturday is April fools but I thing you'll find the Bath game is on the 8th
Sorry, been told before. Amnesia kicking in :smt017
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game

Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1817
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:16 pm
Location: St. Albans

Re: Away to Saints

Post by Snorbins » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:51 pm

Getting rid of the sentimantality of who should have been MoM and CotY that was a proper East Midland derby; really good to see the depressed Saints Man!
I have to admit to be being pussied off with the man in the van talking to the ref on what HE sees! The high tackle is becoming a 50 - 50 laugh.
No holds barred the Saints are licking wounds AGAIN!

Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Away to Saints

Post by Hinckley Bob » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:16 pm

Loved it! Brilliant win. Looking at the forwards before the game, who would have thought that we would dominate the scrums? Cole and Genge are becoming a real force now. :smt023

Soggypitch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1999
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:18 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: Away to Saints

Post by Soggypitch » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:33 pm

First and foremost a cracking game of rugby from two teams both willing to play in the good conditions...

Secondly what a win!! Can't wait to go to work in Northampton on Monday :smt003

When Williams was yellowed, I thought that was it, real character saw us through.

Well played lads and thank you Mauge, I for one am very sorry to see you go.
Soggypitch

TigerCam
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3632
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Away to Saints

Post by TigerCam » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:44 pm

tigercaspian wrote:
RagingBull wrote:
MikeR wrote:Wonderful display - they all played their hearts out for AM . A fitting send off for him - what have our Board done !

It's all well and good doing that now, but where was that 3 weeks ago v Exeter? If they had the coach they all like might still be with us.
It may just be that some of the players were thinking 'we owe this bloke something'. Piddling about on :censored: doesnt matter a fig: it's what they do on the field that counts.
Plus of course it was Saints away, the second most important game of the season!
The point is that the players owe the supporters something every game; that it why they wear the shirt. They also wear the shirt for themselves as last weekend shows. MoC has IMO big boots to fill in the space that AM has now left given the performance today while not perfect shows the grit and determination that the Tigers can deliver. AM has set the mantel and the Tigers must now pick it up and run;drive it through until the end of may.

tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: Away to Saints

Post by tigercaspian » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:47 pm

Snorbins wrote:Getting rid of the sentimantality of who should have been MoM and CotY that was a proper East Midland derby; really good to see the depressed Saints Man!
I have to admit to be being pussied off with the man in the van talking to the ref on what HE sees! The high tackle is becoming a 50 - 50 laugh.
No holds barred the Saints are licking wounds AGAIN!
On the TV commentary, there was a comment at one point(Goodey I think) that Williams' lunge for his yellow wasn't much for an East Midlands derby.....

Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3173
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Away to Saints

Post by Mark62 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:06 pm

Hinckley Bob wrote:Loved it! Brilliant win. Looking at the forwards before the game, who would have thought that we would dominate the scrums? Cole and Genge are becoming a real force now. :smt023
Excellent point. The work that Coley and oty, replaced by Mcguigan, did allowed Genge to attack both their tight heads with the resulting penalties.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: anz3001, Google [Bot], Mark62 and 2 guests