Super User
Super User

From BillW in our hour of need.

Post by jgriffin »

KEEP THE FAITH
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: From BillW in our hour of need.

Post by sapajo »

jgriffin wrote:KEEP THE FAITH
Very true, but I am seriously struggling to maintain this version

KEEP THE BLIND FAITH
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
tigerinthestix
Tiger Cub

Post by tigerinthestix »

Funny you should mention Bill, he was the first person I thought of when I heard the news! He would not be happy! :smt011
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Faith def. Belief without proof
I'm not cynical just experienced
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

In all my years of supporting Tigers, i have not always agreed with things that the board have done,but, i have always believed that they know much more about situations within the club and have had faith in them.

I shall continue to have faith
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

old one eye wrote:In all my years of supporting Tigers, i have not always agreed with things that the board have done,but, i have always believed that they know much more about situations within the club and have had faith in them.

I shall continue to have faith
Are you sure that is wise?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

With you Griff the doom mongers have already started to slay the poor fellow even before he has taken up the reins.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Noddy555 wrote:With you Griff the doom mongers have already started to slay the poor fellow even before he has taken up the reins.
Based on a not unreasonable view of his track record since leaving Tigers IMHO.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:With you Griff the doom mongers have already started to slay the poor fellow even before he has taken up the reins.
As I've mentioned elsewhere the Leinster job was a poisoned chalice and the DoR he was working for was sacked two games in at Queensland so he was working in an unstable environment from the get go there. I am reserving judgement.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

ourla wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:
As I've mentioned elsewhere the Leinster job was a poisoned chalice and the DoR he was working for was sacked two games in at Queensland so he was working in an unstable environment from the get go there. I am reserving judgement.
And as I mentioned elsewhere, there were some mitigating circumstances (how mitigating and how much they contributed is the moot point) :smt023

I too will wait and see, but am not optimistic.

It has just struck me, would you not say that with regards to the coaching side of things, the Queensland situation seems to be somewhat similar to Tigers now? In which case, hopefully he has learnt from that.
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

i would have thought that Bill would have said

"pass the Remy"
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Lea wrote:i would have thought that Bill would have said

"pass the Remy"
To either Le Stade Fan or Big Dai usually, but exactly so! :smt023
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

In The Year 2000 I attended both the European Champions Cup Rugby final, where the atmosphere between opposing fans was cordial and even friendly to some extent and the day was enjoyed by all even though we won and they lost. Two months later I was persuaded by a friend to accompany him to The European Football championships taking place in Belgium and the Netherlands. This proved to be my worst ever experience in watching sport. There were numerous and constant fights between opposing supporters and the language was atrocious even in front of Ladies and Children. Having spent 25 years in the Travel industry sometimes visiting not so salubrious places I had never encountered such disgusting behaviour and filthy language. I was a Man Utd supporter during the 60's and early 70's and often had to question and correct the behaviour of fellow supporters but it was never as bad as that. I think all posters who take a contrary view should look at the behavioural statistics of both sets of fans before commenting. I stand solidly behind my post.
DigDag

Post by DigDag »

So, that would make you a Northampton Saints fan!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Noddy555 wrote:In The Year 2000 I attended both the European Champions Cup Rugby final, where the atmosphere between opposing fans was cordial and even friendly to some extent and the day was enjoyed by all even though we won and they lost. Two months later I was persuaded by a friend to accompany him to The European Football championships taking place in Belgium and the Netherlands. This proved to be my worst ever experience in watching sport. There were numerous and constant fights between opposing supporters and the language was atrocious even in front of Ladies and Children. Having spent 25 years in the Travel industry sometimes visiting not so salubrious places I had never encountered such disgusting behaviour and filthy language. I was a Man Utd supporter during the 60's and early 70's and often had to question and correct the behaviour of fellow supporters but it was never as bad as that. I think all posters who take a contrary view should look at the behavioural statistics of both sets of fans before commenting. I stand solidly behind my post.
Noddy: you've lost me. What's the above got to do with this thread?
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man