Matt O'Connor In...Mauger Out

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BFG
Super User
Super User

Re: Matt O'Connor In...Mauger Out

Post by BFG »

Has the lift the weight website crashed yet!
I bet AM regrets allowing so many seniors into the mickey mouse cup now, done up like a kipper!
What a complete farce, backslappers and jobs for the boys!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Seems the Tigers board have seriously lost the plot. They should consider their own positions. I can see no sense in this at all. :smt009

I now expect another merry go round of players and Tigers to be firmly anchored as a mid table club for the next few years. :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

G.K wrote:Seems the Tigers board have seriously lost the plot. They should consider their own positions. I can see no sense in this at all. :smt009

I now expect another merry go round of players and Tigers to be firmly anchored as a mid table club for the next few years. :smt009
+1
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

My mind goes back to a conversation I had with two gentlemen sat in front of me at a match about TWO MONTHS (!) ago. Father and son who generally know what's going on and seem to have connections inside the club. They said O'connor was a done deal. I laughed and said what about the headhunters, they haven't had time to investigate who might be available. They said it's all flannel, spin, make-believe.

Well they were certainly right on one score. Possibly maybe both?

I'm gutted with this decision. Instead of moving forward we will be going backwards. Can only hope O'connor reads the forum and changes his mind. Hardly likely since he's foul-mouthed and appears to have rhino skin.
Give blood, play rugby!!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

wardy wrote:My mind goes back to a conversation I had with two gentlemen sat in front of me at a match about TWO MONTHS (!) ago. Father and son who generally know what's going on and seem to have connections inside the club. They said O'connor was a done deal. I laughed and said what about the headhunters, they haven't had time to investigate who might be available. They said it's all flannel, spin, make-believe.

Well they were certainly right on one score. Possibly maybe both?

I'm gutted with this decision. Instead of moving forward we will be going backwards. Can only hope O'connor reads the forum and changes his mind. Hardly likely since he's foul-mouthed and appears to have rhino skin.
Let's put it in words he'll understand :smt013 :smt013 off.
Snowdrop

Post by Snowdrop »

In all this chaos, I wonder what Richard Cockerill is thinking? Boy would I love to be a fly on any wall he is close to.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

He is probably thinking "They've brought MOC in to replace me, what a joke!"
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Snowdrop wrote:In all this chaos, I wonder what Richard Cockerill is thinking? Boy would I love to be a fly on any wall he is close to.
Be careful what you wish for - it depends what he's doing next to that wall :smt003
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

G.K wrote:Seems the Tigers board have seriously lost the plot. They should consider their own positions. I can see no sense in this at all. :smt009

I'd agree with this. The farcical recruitment, the treatment of Cockers, the treatment of Mauger, the treatment of Freddie Burns, the lack of strategy across the club, the appointment of new Head Coach that they will have known would be unpopular. They've not covered themselves in glory these past few years have they?
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

For me this seems like a backward step - but what do I know - however; I believe if this doesn't work a root & branch will be needed from the top down.

Interesting comments from TV I'm guessing he may no longer wish to spend the rest of his career at Leicester...
Alandrin75
Tiger Cub

Post by Alandrin75 »

Knightonian wrote: Interesting comments from TV I'm guessing he may no longer wish to spend the rest of his career at Leicester...
If the new HC is the reason he is leaving, tbh I wouldn't want him here.

He should want to be here for the fans who adore him not demanding coaches.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

The thing is, it seems most people would prefer TV to stay over MOC!

Me included.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Alandrin75 wrote:
Knightonian wrote: Interesting comments from TV I'm guessing he may no longer wish to spend the rest of his career at Leicester...
If the new HC is the reason he is leaving, tbh I wouldn't want him here.

He should want to be here for the fans who adore him not demanding coaches.
I suspect this puts you in a minority
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

RagingBull wrote:
ellis9 wrote:Now Harrison and McCaffery have joined in on twitter.

They have never enjoyed their rugby as much as they have under Mauger!

This is just terrible!

I don't like Matt O'Connor.

But under Mauger we have suffered some of the most humiliating loses in Tigers history, against weak teams where fine but against strong teams we fold.
Indeed. Maybe experience, particularly as head honcho at the business end of the season at the highest level was something Mauger lacked. MOC may not be everyone's cup of tea, but maybe he is a better option than a couple more seasons of "transition" and inconsistency.

The timing is unfortunate, but then again, that follows the pattern of "unfortunate" that includes record defeats in Europe, 3 home Premiership defeats and the Glasgow capitulations.

Nice bloke or not, "good coach" or not, that is the context of where the club is at.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I see johnthegriff you are on the line, do you have any insider views on this?