Jiffys lost his voice

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Jiffys lost his voice

Post by tigerburnie »

Pity it's not contagious and Butler and the Pitbull both went silent as well.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Jiffys lost his voice

Post by strawclearer »

tigerburnie wrote:Pity it's not contagious and Butler and the Pitbull both went silent as well.
:smt023 :smt042
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Brian Moore is losing his voice now, sadly I think he'll last to the end of the game though :smt003
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Best News of the day for me lets hope he stays silent until at least the end of May.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I was in Jiffys company in a large group once, he seemed a nice enough bloke, just gets on your nerves a bit on the telly and I don't think he comes across with any useful information as a pundit. Compare with Ben Kay who always seems to speak when it's needed and keeps his council when it's not.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Don't have a problem with any of the ones mentioned. Quite like them actually. Now Andy Nicol is a different kettle of fish. Used to think he was about the worst, but Andy Robinson was so appalling yesterday that while I was watching a recording of the game, after 10-15 minutes I started fast forwarding every time he spoke.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Noddy555 wrote:Best News of the day for me lets hope he stays silent until at least the end of May.
Unless you watch BBC Wales or Rugby League, I doubt you will hear him again until the AIs.
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

Why do the so-called experts insist on talking over the referee when he's consulting with his TJs and TMO? We want to hear what they're discussing but there always some idiot, usually Nick Mullins, who thinks we'd rather hear his twopennyworth.

Getting back on topic, it was a joy when Jiffy's voice went yesterday: what was even better was the eventual result in Paris.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

BeeJ wrote:Why do the so-called experts insist on talking over the referee when he's consulting with his TJs and TMO? We want to hear what they're discussing but there always some idiot, usually Nick Mullins, who thinks we'd rather hear his twopennyworth.

Getting back on topic, it was a joy when Jiffy's voice went yesterday: what was even better was the eventual result in Paris.
Yeh it's a pity really as we need a strong Welsh side don't we?..................... :smt005
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

BeeJ wrote:Why do the so-called experts insist on talking over the referee when he's consulting with his TJs and TMO? We want to hear what they're discussing but there always some idiot, usually Nick Mullins, who thinks we'd rather hear his twopennyworth.
This is my pet hate too.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Hate to disagree with you but Nick Mullins wittering on about what a player's second cousin had for breakfast a decade ago and similar irrelevancies isn't worth tuppence. In addition I then have to put up with H's mother moaning about Mullins' prattle.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

Its about time BBC et al get rid of guscott, jiffy, inverdale, butler and moore and get those with more recent experience on the box. BT have a good crew albeit not perfect are ok. ITV with Sir Clive and Jonny are worth listening to
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”