Ireland vs England

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Ireland vs England

Post by Maidman »

It strikes me that England face a massive challenge.

With (I'm guessing) just 24hours until Eddie names his team, I wonder what if any changes he will make.

Whilst still not as good as George, I think Dylan has been getting better, so I suspect he will start, but still be substituted after 50 minutes.

I'm pleased to hear that Daly is likely to start, I think he has a lot to offer.

I wonder if the Vunipola brothers will start. Maybe Eddie will see them as finishers, to come on after 50 mins and be real impact subs.

Whatever team EJ picks, I think it is going to be a cracking game. Full of emotion and desire.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Chobbsy wrote:
ellis9 wrote:Haha you think I'm deluded? Elvis is dead!

No I'm not dumb, I am able to speak.

You could start a thread at the start of the season saying how we could go through the season unbeaten and I'm surprised you didn't seeing as a grand slam is so important :smt023

So when England won the World Cup and when New Zealand won it they both went unbeaten 3 years leading up to it? The fact 18 wins in a row is the record, I would say no.

As I say, you don't understand what I'm saying. I want us to win but it isn't a problem if we lose and yes, by losing (if we do) we will learn from it. Why did we lose? What did we do wrong? How did Ireland get the better of us?
I beg to differ we didn't go 3 years unbeaten prior to winning the 2003 World Cup we actually lost to France in one of the warm up matches.
I know. Isn't that what I said? We didn't win every game leading up to the World Cup!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

ellis9 wrote:No I'm not dumb, I am able to speak.
There is another meaning.
ellis9 wrote:So when England won the World Cup and when New Zealand won it they both went unbeaten 3 years leading up to it? The fact 18 wins in a row is the record, I would say no.
I never made the connection between winning the RWC and being unbeaten for 3 years beforehand. What I did say is that they want to be the No 1 team in the world and win the RWC. And winning on Saturday is a step along that road. Winning will make it more likely. It will make a statement. It will give the team greater confidence. It does not mean they can not be No 1 or win the RWC but it would be an important loss.
ellis9 wrote:As I say, you don't understand what I'm saying. I want us to win but it isn't a problem if we lose and yes, by losing (if we do) we will learn from it. Why did we lose? What did we do wrong? How did Ireland get the better of us?
What did Scotland learn when they lost to England, what did Ireland learn when they lost to Wales. They learnt that they aren't good enough at this point in time. Somehow they are going to have to improve and play better. It doesn't tell them how - they have to figure that out. If England win on Saturday we will know pretty much that they are good enough to beat any team in the world, home or away, aside from NZ. The players will be more confident and better able to take on NZ and the RWC when they come round.

Just remind you precisely what you have said earlier in this thread:

It's not that big of a game anymore

if we lose it doesn't matter

As long as the Six Nations title is won, why does it matter if we get the Grand Slam or not?!

You appear to be the only one with this view.
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

Ourla, don't waste your breath. He's not worth the effort.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

BeeJ wrote:Ourla, don't waste your breath. He's not worth the effort.
+1 :smt023
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I would love to explain myself once again but I cannot so we will have to agree to disagree.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

I am now bored with this thread!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

It is a sad indictment of the times we live in that the forum has been overrun by the likes...nothing worse than an idiot that believes they are knowledgeable :smt009

It is why I don't bother with it so much anymore because all you get is the same morons bleating on..

Tigerbeat do not delete this it needs to be said :smt003
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

No point arguing with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. :smt001
I'm not cynical just experienced
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

JackFlashJonny wrote:It is a sad indictment of the times we live in that the forum has been overrun by the likes...nothing worse than an idiot that believes they are knowledgeable :smt009

It is why I don't bother with it so much anymore because all you get is the same morons bleating on..

Tigerbeat do not delete this it needs to be said :smt003
As you'll see from the footer on all my posts:

"Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they're in good company."

Having said that (actually, Descartes said it first), I think the forum is immensely entertaining and informative and, with the judicious use of the 'Foes' feature which blanks out all posts from those you choose to ignore, it's relatively 'troll-free'.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Every user is entitled to an opinion and the forum is open for discussion on any topics. Rugby related in the Fans Forum and Non Rugby related topics in Chit Chat.
Not eveyone is going to agree with all opinions and sometimes a line needs to be drawn and agree to disagree.
Please try and stick on the topic rather than create a bickering / baiting thread between a couple of users.
People come on the forum to read the thoughts on various topics rather than these personal little battles between users.

Thanks

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Has anyone been over to DTRR yet?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

chewbacca wrote:No point arguing with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. :smt001
Agreed. However, I do try to explain so that they will hopefully understand but it seems at times it is harder than anticipated.

Anyway, come on England, let's beat those Paddies!!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Dewi Morris...

"Besides the obvious need to play at a high standard over a prolonged period, one of the reasons consecutive Grand Slams are hard to achieve is that you have to beat every team away from home to do it. In our first year we beat Wales in Cardiff and Ireland in Dublin. The following year we beat France in Paris and Scotland in Edinburgh - all tough places to get a win.

...all three England teams have a chance to register a Grand Slam in Dublin which is incredibly exciting. Additionally, each individual can write his or her name in the history books as the first country to record a Grand Slam clean sweep across all three Six Nations since France managed the feat in 2002."

Here's the full article: http://tinyurl.com/h4z44kc
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

LE18 wrote:
BeeJ wrote:Ourla, don't waste your breath. He's not worth the effort.
+1 :smt023
+2 :smt038 he's the very reason I've largely given up with this forum.