AWC - it's Chiefs!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

AWC - it's Chiefs!

Post by jgriffin »

A comfortable win over Quins. Sets a challenge for team selection next week.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: AWC - it's Chiefs!

Post by Scott1 »

Maul practice all week then! Hope we don't go full strength,the younger lads who have been involved all tournament deserve to be involved again,I would take more out of a loss with them than a win at full strength. Although saying that,I fully expect Chiefs to go close to full strength,they've already done it in the group stage against Wasps to make sure they got through in first place and got a home SF.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

No home advantage then
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

I know this is the AW cup but silverware please, go full strength as the Chiefs will no doubt. I feel this is our only opportunity for a trophy and guaranteed top European rugby.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Does the Anglo-Welsh cup carry qualification for the European Champions Cup?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Scott1 wrote:Hope we don't go full strength,the younger lads who have been involved all tournament deserve to be involved again,I would take more out of a loss with them than a win at full strength.
:smt023 +1
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Tigerbeat wrote:Does the Anglo-Welsh cup carry qualification for the European Champions Cup?
No, used to but no longer
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

Which is the more important game.. The AWC final or Away to Saints 6 days later. For me it is the Saints game. We have to select with both eyes on the Saints game. Max of 4 or 5 first choice players in starting XV. It also means the boys who got us to the final have their shot at glory.

I would never trade AWC trophy for 7th place in AP, and whilst not a direct trade it is a real risk.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

rdracup wrote:Which is the more important game.. The AWC final or Away to Saints 6 days later. For me it is the Saints game. We have to select with both eyes on the Saints game. Max of 4 or 5 first choice players in starting XV. It also means the boys who got us to the final have their shot at glory.

I would never trade AWC trophy for 7th place in AP, and whilst not a direct trade it is a real risk.
It needs to be a game where the Tigers can continue to develop themselves for the Prem games that are left. While I would always go for the win, IMO is is how the Tigers cope with the Chiefs even the drubbing at WR a few weeks ago. I agree that the boys that got the Tigers to the Stoop must have first dibs on a place in the match squad. Let them have the start and have a bench of good finishers.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

rdracup wrote:Which is the more important game.. The AWC final or Away to Saints 6 days later. For me it is the Saints game. We have to select with both eyes on the Saints game. Max of 4 or 5 first choice players in starting XV. It also means the boys who got us to the final have their shot at glory.

7th? Where is 7th? I don't think Saints will be a deciding factor in achieving 4th but still needs to be prioritised over the AWC just in case. Twickenham will be the decider.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

The bulk of the squad could stay the same even with an eye on Saints. Kitch and McCaffery need game time at the moment. Freddie looks better when he has a string of game together. Jack Roberts needs game time.

Some more firepower for the forwards might come onto the bench ahead of Maksymiw and Owen.

If we have Rizzo again then he might start to give Genge a break.

JPP could be given a break with Tombstone or Betham getting game time. I'd like to keep JPP in though, our back three looks so much more solid with him there.

1.Rizzo 2.McGuigan 3.Bateman 4.Wells 5.Kitchener 6.Hamilton 7.Thacker 8.McCaffery
9.Kitto 10.Burns 11.JPP 12.Roberts 13.Tait 14.Brady 15.Worth

16.Croft 17.Genge 18.Balmain 19.Barrow/Slater 20.Williams/Evans? 21.White 22.Williams 23.Thacker

That would be a good balance IMO.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: AWC - it's Chiefs.

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Williams, Mike, has to start. We were toothless against them until he and Genge came on at WR. Probably means Hamilton at 8 and McCaffrey on the bench.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Just watched the highlights, that Exeter side made a below average Quinns look poor, I fancy we have the hunger to take this, I expect both sides to be close to full strength for a final.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

On Sunday there will be a rail replacement service (ie a bus) between Clapham and Twickenham. Engineering works will affect other parts of the SW trains service. See Network Rail site. Not all details are yet available but travellers may be advised to go to Reading and then Twickenham.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

h's dad wrote:

7th? Where is 7th? I don't think Saints will be a deciding factor in achieving 4th but still needs to be prioritised over the AWC just in case. Twickenham will be the decider.
Currently 5-7 in the table is spanned by 47,44 & 42 points We are on 47. With 5 games left, 2 losses means that finishing above 7th would be out of our hands. I am not saying we will have 2 losses, just that we should make avoiding doing so our highest priority.