Bath game at Twickenham

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Bath game at Twickenham

Post by wormus »

Noddy555 wrote:Wormus I think you'll find that Ticketmaster is owned by the Groupon group if you get my meaning. So ticket prices should be the same.
I was unaware that Groupon was tied to Ticketmaster but the point I made was the two tickets I obtained with reluctance direct from Bath were cheaper than Groupon and I could choose my seat. At that time the upper tier did not appear to being used.
Only Bath could arrange a fixture in London when major railway electrification engineering was to take place, hence they are park & riding coaches from Cheltenham apparently.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes Wormus I think you'll find the whole Groupon company complex, very hard to follow and seems to have been built around a shell company that technically owns nothing, presumably as a tax avoidance measure.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Noddy555 wrote:Yes Wormus I think you'll find the whole Groupon company complex, very hard to follow and seems to have been built around a shell company that technically owns nothing, presumably as a tax avoidance measure.
Groupon and Live Nation Entertainment (formed from the merger of Live Nation and Ticketmaster) are two distinct and separate organisations although there is a JV called GrouponLive and they also have other distribution deals. One does not own or have a controlling interest in the other.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
byrontiger

Post by byrontiger »

I'm very pleased to have received my tickets today and am now planning the 'day'.

I've seen that there is supposed to be a shuttle bus between Richmond and Twickenham when the ticket sales are over 35,000. I see that the sales are now 40,000+ but there is no confirmation anywhere of the bus.

Would you walk?
Is it about half an hour's walk?
Any other good ideas as I hope to be in Richmond at about noon.
And their revenge is as the tiger's spring,
Deadly, and quick and crushing.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

byrontiger wrote:I'm very pleased to have received my tickets today and am now planning the 'day'.

I've seen that there is supposed to be a shuttle bus between Richmond and Twickenham when the ticket sales are over 35,000. I see that the sales are now 40,000+ but there is no confirmation anywhere of the bus.

Would you walk?
It's about 2.5 miles if the shuttle is from the Orange Tree so 30 minutes is pushing it. The shuttles to the ground are usually pretty good as fans travel over a period of time. It's the other way that can be a pain and may be worth walking instead.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

byrontiger wrote:I'm very pleased to have received my tickets today and am now planning the 'day'.

Would you walk?
It's a pretty easy walk, gets rid of a few of those beer calories!
However if the shuttle bus is available, it saves valuable beer drinking time :smt003
Soggypitch
byrontiger

Post by byrontiger »

Thank you Soggy Pitch and H's Dad, I'm actually wondering if there will be a shuttle bus at all. As the ticket sales are only just over the 35,000.
I'd just like confirmation, one way or the other, if it's available.
And their revenge is as the tiger's spring,
Deadly, and quick and crushing.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes Byrontiger received mine in the post this morning. Looking forward to first class train travel from Derby to London and then a slap up lunch at a nice little restaurant in Twickenham followed by a win and a nice journey home again. Just hope that East Midlands Trains are not joining these railway strikes.