Bath game at Twickenham

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DigDag
New Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:26 pm

Bath game at Twickenham

Post by DigDag » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:37 pm

Just managed to wangle a weekend off work for the Bath game at Twickenham. Just wondering if anyone is able to advise on where the Tigers fans are likely to be congregating in the stadium. Poor decision in my opinion, not having the game down at The Rec and forcing us to deal with a ticket agency. Still, I would like to get down there if possible but would prefer to be surrounded by the right-coloured shirts. Thanks for your help.

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 912
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 10:51 am

Re: Bath game at Twickenham

Post by Ian Cant » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:30 pm

Hi. I bought tickets, along with quite a few Tigers ' fans on Black Friday. I would imagine there will be some red,green and white in most areas. 40,000 tickets have been sold so far so it should be a great atmosphere because at the Finals in the past the two clubs in the final only had between 10 and 15,000 tickets. Lots of my mates going and we are all in different parts of the Middle tier! Hope you get tickets at a decent price. Before then we need to beat Sarries then Saints!!! ( I don't think the club had an allocation of tickets- hence there should be Tigers ' fans in most areas.) Finally the Bath fans at The Rec have always been a friendly lot, no doubt helped by the few wins we have had down there. They do like to remind us of our recent heavy defeats there but now we can mention the Anglo Welsh win there!

TigerintheCatStand
Top Cat
Top Cat
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:18 pm

Re: Bath game at Twickenham

Post by TigerintheCatStand » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:53 pm

If you have an American Express card (or someone you know has) you can save 10% on the price via their rewards site as well as having access to some better seats not on public sale (if they've not gone already).

wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:58 pm
Location: Wolverhampton

Re: Bath game at Twickenham

Post by wolverhampton_tiger » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:07 pm

Tickets available on Groupon, just check they are actually cheaper but at £16 odd I would imagine so.

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/gl-bath-rugby

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1369
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:23 pm
Location: "The Home of the Game!"

Re: Bath game at Twickenham

Post by wormus » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:05 am

wolverhampton_tiger wrote:Tickets available on Groupon, just check they are actually cheaper but at £16 odd I would imagine so.

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/gl-bath-rugby
Yes unfortunately Tigers were not given an allocation of tickets so we were left to search Ticketmaster, Groupon & direct from Bath Ticket office. The Groupon tickets appear very hit & miss as I could not find the empty/available seats on their stadium plan but their Adult Cat B tickets are £26-25.
As much as I hate it I searched the Bath website and this easily told me the empty seats, there are lots of single seats but few group seats, then phoned up on Bath's expensive line 0844 448 1865 as the normal number 01225 325200 does not now do ticket sales!!! I hate these 0844 rip off numbers :smt013
I was able to purchase the seats I identified pay by card, expect an email confirmation & tickets in 2 weeks. Cat B Adults @ £25 each + £1 postage.
Expect severe travel problems as the Bath to Paddington line is on part closure for electrification works,Quins v Sarries @ Wembley + Wendyballers.
Hope this helps, not sure what JohntheGriff is doing on travel but a coach is going from Rugby.

Noddy555
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Re: Bath game at Twickenham

Post by Noddy555 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:33 am

Wormus I think you'll find that Ticketmaster is owned by the Groupon group if you get my meaning. So ticket prices should be the same.

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2648
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:51 am
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Bath game at Twickenham

Post by Chobbsy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:51 am

DigDag wrote:Just managed to wangle a weekend off work for the Bath game at Twickenham. Just wondering if anyone is able to advise on where the Tigers fans are likely to be congregating in the stadium. Poor decision in my opinion, not having the game down at The Rec and forcing us to deal with a ticket agency. Still, I would like to get down there if possible but would prefer to be surrounded by the right-coloured shirts. Thanks for your help.
It's great for me I get to watch Tigers and get paid for it :)
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3557
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Bath game at Twickenham

Post by Scott1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:05 am

The tickets will be cheap because Sarries play Quins the same day at Wembley so they are trying to fill it as much as possible!

Iain
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8161
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:39 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: Bath game at Twickenham

Post by Iain » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:19 am

Scott1 wrote:The tickets will be cheap because Sarries play Quins the same day at Wembley so they are trying to fill it as much as possible!
Who's the genius who planned that!? Surely it would have been beneficial to both 'home' clubs to have had them on different days and both be able to attract casual fans in London, rather than make them choose. Madness!

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2648
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:51 am
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Bath game at Twickenham

Post by Chobbsy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:21 am

Iain wrote:
Scott1 wrote:The tickets will be cheap because Sarries play Quins the same day at Wembley so they are trying to fill it as much as possible!
Who's the genius who planned that!? Surely it would have been beneficial to both 'home' clubs to have had them on different days and both be able to attract casual fans in London, rather than make them choose. Madness!
Not really Saracens give away SO MANY tickets it's hard to compete with FREE
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Iain
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8161
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:39 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: Bath game at Twickenham

Post by Iain » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:22 am

Chobbsy wrote:
Iain wrote:
Scott1 wrote:The tickets will be cheap because Sarries play Quins the same day at Wembley so they are trying to fill it as much as possible!
Who's the genius who planned that!? Surely it would have been beneficial to both 'home' clubs to have had them on different days and both be able to attract casual fans in London, rather than make them choose. Madness!
Not really Saracens give away SO MANY tickets it's hard to compete with FREE
Exactly. So casual fans would have been more likely to come to Twickenham if the games were on different days.

TigerCam
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3652
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Bath game at Twickenham

Post by TigerCam » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:18 am

Could have made it a 'double header' at Twickers as they have done in the past?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2648
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:51 am
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Bath game at Twickenham

Post by Chobbsy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:23 am

TigerCam wrote:Could have made it a 'double header' at Twickers as they have done in the past?
The double header is the first match of the season plus Sarries will not go to Twickenham out of choice.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Noddy555
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Re: Bath game at Twickenham

Post by Noddy555 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:03 pm

Iain if you are equating the term genius either to the people who run the Aviva premiership or the RFU then you have a long wait, They kowtow these days to Sky and BTTV because he who pays the piper calls the tune and commonsense flies out of the window.

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2648
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:51 am
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Bath game at Twickenham

Post by Chobbsy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:05 pm

Noddy555 wrote:Iain if you are equating the term genius either to the people who run the Aviva premiership or the RFU then you have a long wait, They kowtow these days to Sky and BTTV because he who pays the piper calls the tune and commonsense flies out of the window.
What do these matches have to do with the RFU? Twickenham is purely a venue the RFU have no say in where clubs pay to play their matches
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Shortbloke66, TigerFeetSteve and 2 guests