Sarries, Sat 11th March - AWC semi-final

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GS
Super User
Super User

Re: Sarries, Sat 11th March - AWC semi-final

Post by GS »

You paint a great picture BD, I'm sure you enjoyed every second of it, and quite rightly too. :smt023
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Great result and I'm sure we'll have the better of whoever turns up at the Stoop next weekend. Morale must be lifted by this, so I hope we take it forward into the end of the season, as we have done in the past
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

tigercaspian wrote:
Grimlish wrote:I particularly enjoyed the testy interview with Alex Sanderson and the extraordinarily Sarries-centred commmentary (until it became clear they weren't going to win, when suddenly Tigers became worth talking about).
Sanderson remains something you can't polish.......
I thought he spoke well on this occasion. Certainly didn't seem testy, even when the interviewer tried to goad him with the "they've put out a much more experienced side..."
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Can't stand Sanderson,detest the man! There's no way he could say anything yesterday anyway,look at the group stage 23s and there's not much in it and they won that one 29-20!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

My wife and I were at Sarries and the most pleasing aspect ( apart from us at last seeing Tigers win at Allianz Park) was the sensational defence after Sarries put on their bigger guns and we brought on the Cubs. Kitchener proved how you can defend line outs 5 metres out, compete fairly and tap the ball back to us! I was worried when he went off but then we managed to defend another 5 metre line out when our young forwards negated their drive. Must say Bateman was superb as was (by the look of it ) Anthony Allen's stern words under the posts after their second try. A happy night.