Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread 3

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Loob19

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by Loob19 »

I asked for a clue about the SA centre:

will say as soon as I get the nod from his agent, hopefully his brother will follow at some point when is contract expires

Sounds exciting.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Noddy555 wrote:Tough Lachlan McCaffery and Hamilton have made a good job of sharing the number 8 shirt this season, I still feel that there is a need for a star player to fulfill this role. Any chance of persuading Louis Picamole to take a wander up the motorway?
'fraid not. King Louis is rumoured to be going back to Montpellier(which I think was his first club) next season, even though he'll still be in contract with Saints
Semper in excretia
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

The whole Picamoles situation is interesting...I would not think he likes life in Northampton over the South of France but he fancied a change plus a massive pay packet..

Now he has had that experience I would imagine if Altrad can buy him out he would welcome Montpellier with open arms..(trying not to laugh at poor Saints they are really in disarray)
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

James Concar just posted 30 mins ago that it's Matt Kriel, Jesse Kriel younger brother who has been signed by the development squad. Currently in the Bulls development squad.

Know nothing about him though.
LondonRich
Tiger Cub

Post by LondonRich »

I'd read on Gavin Mortimer's twitter page that Picamoles back to Montpellier might result in Pierre Spies going the other way.

@gavinmortimer7
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

JackFlashJonny wrote:The whole Picamoles situation is interesting...I would not think he likes life in Northampton over the South of France but he fancied a change plus a massive pay packet..

Now he has had that experience I would imagine if Altrad can buy him out he would welcome Montpellier with open arms..(trying not to laugh at poor Saints they are really in disarray)
Read in the paper that Picamoles felt that the AP's greater emphasis on strength etc. has been beneficial to his game, so may not want to go back to France.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote:James Concar just posted 30 mins ago that it's Matt Kriel, Jesse Kriel younger brother who has been signed by the development squad. Currently in the Bulls development squad.

Well I guessed the right family...

All I can find on the Internet is that he's a fullback that kicks for goal. Was handy at his college team. Let's hope he's also as quick and powerful a runner as his older brother.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

sam16111986 wrote:
RagingBull wrote:James Concar just posted 30 mins ago that it's Matt Kriel, Jesse Kriel younger brother who has been signed by the development squad. Currently in the Bulls development squad.

All I can find on the Internet is that he's a fullback that kicks for goal. Was handy at his college team. Let's hope he's also as quick and powerful a runner as his older brother.
I take it Dan isn't coming then? :smt030
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerCam wrote:
sam16111986 wrote:

I take it Dan isn't coming then? :smt030
Maybe. Depends if younger brother Matt likes it and convinces older twins Dan and Jesse to come and join him. We've had the Tuilagi brothers maybe in the next couple of seasons it'll be the Kriel's.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I'd be surprised if Jesse came any time soon because SA have introduced a system similar to Gatlands Law haven't they?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

kpj tiger wrote:I'd be surprised if Jesse came any time soon because SA have introduced a system similar to Gatlands Law haven't they?
Don't know. They've got a quota for the squad which is actively promoting coloured player selection. The "positive discrimination" is likely to only be increased as the government have said they want the Boks selection to represent the level of diversity in the country (they won't stop until at least 50% of the team is of colour).

Whether Kriel will fall foul of that I don't know. There's a selection of rapid wingers who qualify under the new selection criteria, centre is well stocked and so he's competing for the 15 shirt really.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... ks-cricket
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

SA have a 30 cap limit.

So Jesse is on 17 currently and there is 12/13 games this year and 9 games before the 2018/19 Prem season.

So either he gets the 30 caps or he is out of favour and fails to reach it.

one way or another i could see him leaving, whether it is to us who knows.