Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread 3

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Loob19

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by Loob19 »

Will the new Paris Super Club be able to accommodate all of their Number 8s? Ross and Parisse?
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

If the merged boards are going to get both sets of fans invested in the club then they'll need old favourites and stars from both. I'd be very surprised if Parisse was let go.

Jono Ross might be a possibility but I've never rated him too highly myself. For the right price he'd add depth though I don't know if he's an upgrade on Kalamafoni as a starter.

It might put Luc Ducalcon back on the table. He's a very solid tight head in the scrum and there are a lot of other props between those two squads.

With a lot of hookers in the two squads Craig Burden and Aled de Malmanche might be up for grabs. Burden is a very physical player in defence. I can't say I know much of de Malmanche but you don't get caps for the All Blacks without showing something.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

L Smith wrote:
Loob19 wrote:Next Wednesday :smt002
Is that this Wednesday now? :smt023
Apparently not! :smt010[/quote]

Next week? :smt003[/quote]
Jam tomorrow... :smt010[/quote]
Anyone starting to get nervous?
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Nervous? No. Why would we be nervous?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Worried? Why?
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

RagingBull wrote:Worried? Why?
Just thought we'd have some news on Genge, Thacker, 10 and 15 by now.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I'm sure it's all in hand. If any leave, they'll be replaced and other players who are joining will be announced any time from now until June/July as always.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Update (kind of) from Murphy on Harry Thacker on twitter from BBC Leicester Sport:

GM: "I hope Harry Thacker will be at the club next season. Leicester means a lot to him. I know he wants to be here and I know we want him."
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Great news Ellis9!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

ellis9 wrote:Update (kind of) from Murphy on Harry Thacker on twitter from BBC Leicester Sport:

GM: "I hope Harry Thacker will be at the club next season. Leicester means a lot to him. I know he wants to be here and I know we want him."
This is old news Simon Cohen stated that Harry Thacker wanted to stay at Tigers at the Fans Forum on Tuesday 7th February, money not an issue but Harry wanted to know his position and pecking order. His decision!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

wormus wrote:
ellis9 wrote:Update (kind of) from Murphy on Harry Thacker on twitter from BBC Leicester Sport:

This is old news Simon Cohen stated that Harry Thacker wanted to stay at Tigers at the Fans Forum on Tuesday 7th February, money not an issue but Harry wanted to know his position and pecking order. His decision!
Number 7 third choice, do I get a cut of his salary know
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

The Parling rumour seems to be picking up some speed.

Seems like he wants to keep playing but also build on the coaching work he's been doing with a couple of clubs whilst at Chiefs.

For the right price I'd be very happy with it. He's an excellent line-out operator but also very clever in maul defence. It's something that we really need to improve on.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

ABClub wrote:The Parling rumour seems to be picking up some speed.

Seems like he wants to keep playing but also build on the coaching work he's been doing with a couple of clubs whilst at Chiefs.

For the right price I'd be very happy with it. He's an excellent line-out operator but also very clever in maul defence. It's something that we really need to improve on.
Parling in, Blaze out ?
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Mark62 wrote:
ABClub wrote:The Parling rumour seems to be picking up some speed.

Parling in, Blaze out ?
If it's a playing contract with coaching on the side then more likely that he'll coach the academy I'd guess.

Since his Falcons days he's been known for analysis of his and opposition line-outs. That knowledge is part and parcel of what he does as a player and a reason why he is a valuable member in any squad. His maul defence has improved even more under Baxter IMO.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I'm sure that the position of player acquisition and the question of contracts for retained players will move apace after the new DOR is appointed at the end of this month.