Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread 3

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Noddy555 wrote:I'm sure that the position of player acquisition and the question of contracts for retained players will move apace after the new DOR is appointed at the end of this month.
Noddy, you get a bad press at times on this forum, but you do have very thick skin and balls of steel putting that out there's that a new DOR going to be named after the saints game. You are either in the know or very brave ....good luck with this one pal.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:I'm sure that the position of player acquisition and the question of contracts for retained players will move apace after the new DOR is appointed at the end of this month.
Noddy, you get a bad press at times on this forum, but you do have very thick skin and balls of steel putting that out there's that a new DOR going to be named after the saints game. You are either in the know or very brave ....good luck with this one pal.
I would expect it prior to the Saints game actually... It's been well documented a new DoR would be appointed by the end of this month. I think we're probably waiting for the squad to be at Oval Park so that they are officially told together (sensible) and then it be made public. Press day?!

It then adds incentive to the rest of the squad in the run in till the end of the season; starting with the Saints game.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Harry Thacker said this after the AW Cup win on being here next season:

"Who knows, it's yet to be decided. I want to be here."

So Tigers want him here and have offered a contract to him and he wants to be here.
Sign that contract Harry!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

ellis9 wrote:Harry Thacker said this after the AW Cup win on being here next season:

So Tigers want him here and have offered a contract to him and he wants to be here.
Agreed, he's too good a rugby player to lose, great attitude as well and he's a local. Sign up Harry!!
Soggypitch
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

We've announced most of the leavers and retained players , much like every year
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

dunks43 wrote:

I would be much happier if Mr Genge put his mark on a new contract. If anyone sees him after a couple of shandies later, ask for his autograph on a new 3 year contract.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Downsouth wrote:
dunks43 wrote:

I would be much happier if Mr Genge put his mark on a new contract. If anyone sees him after a couple of shandies later, ask for his autograph on a new 3 year contract.
At his age and stage of development with a decent paycheck and Boris and Marcos to learn from, he'd have to be pretty daft to leave imho.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

I have been waiting for weeks for Tigers to announce that Harry Thacker and Ellis Genge have re-signed. Please let's have a Magic Monday!
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

My optimistic side is still thinking that Genge is in contract for next season and the interview (planet rugby was it?) when he talked about not having signed yet was referring to a further extension. Either way, I can understand players delaying until the new DOR is known.

Are those below the suspected out of contract players remaining for next season?

Thacker
Genge
Logo?
Rizzo
Wells?
Croft
Owen
Locky?
Shazam?
Bryant
Tait

Must keep - Thacker, Genge, Wells, Locky, Shazam

Keep for the right price and squad role - Rizzo, Logo, Crofty, Tait

On current form I'd very happily see Rizzo re-sign. Might that depend on the Logo situation and whether he wants to play tight head more?

If Taity doesn't go to France might he stay as centre cover? Currently Toomua, Manu and Smith are our only centres next year and back three rumours are making much more noise than midfield.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Harrison will be at Tigers next season as he is under contract.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Tigerbeat wrote:Harrison will be at Tigers next season as he is under contract.
Sadly, I think the days when this statement held water are long gone now, ask Freddie.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Soggypitch wrote:
ellis9 wrote:Harry Thacker said this after the AW Cup win on being here next season:

Agreed, he's too good a rugby player to lose, great attitude as well and he's a local. Sign up Harry!!
Exeter's try yesterday off the top of first phase lineout ball showed exactly why HT is not a top level 7 and certainly not with Ford at 10.
Exeter's kids made it happen, what the big boys will do is worrying.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

BFG wrote:
Soggypitch wrote:

Exeter's try yesterday off the top of first phase lineout ball showed exactly why HT is not a top level 7 and certainly not with Ford at 10.
Exeter's kids made it happen, what the big boys will do is worrying.
BFG, I understand that you don't rate Thacker, but even you must admit that putting in 33 tackles during a game is emense? I think he deserves a contract, and listening to Ben Kay he appears to think so too. Just whether he signs it or not I guess. But credit where it's due BFG, you must agree Thacker was all over the pitch yesterday. Massive work rate.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Wasn't there a debate about a certain "short" 7 some years BACK, sure he turned out to be pretty useful.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Quite 'handy' too.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.