Fly Halves for next season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

littlefeat
Tiger Cub

Fly Halves for next season

Post by littlefeat »

Sorry if the question has been raised before but I have been away from the Forum for a while . With Williams and Burns leaving who would be the 'understudy' to Ford next season? Bearing in mind he is likely to be away on international for quite a few matches.
I'm the Tiger cub on the 22 opposite the library
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Fly Halves for next season

Post by Scott1 »

Toomua can cover there and Harroson to a lesser extent and Bryant is third choice but we definitely need to get one in. Word has it that Flood will be going to Bordeaux Begles to replace Madigan so that could scupper us getting him back. I'm stuck for anyone else unless we are gonna raid the Southern Hemisphere.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
littlefeat
Tiger Cub

Post by littlefeat »

Thanks Scott1. As I thought then!
I'm the Tiger cub on the 22 opposite the library
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

don't worry - I'm sure its in hand !
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

It may be in hand but we need positive action on this before the end of the season
so that proper training can begin almost immediately. We still also have no further news on Mike Brown is he coming or not?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I hope Brown isn't coming,love him for England but money needs to be spent on a number 8 and I prefer Veainu at FB.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Noddy555 wrote:It may be in hand but we need positive action on this before the end of the season
so that proper training can begin almost immediately. We still also have no further news on Mike Brown is he coming or not?
We need positive action? Who says we haven't signed someone or almost signed someone?
Mike Brown is a rumour so we may not even be interested in him.

Why does everyone get worried about it? Chill out, the club know what they are doing.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Actually I'd bring in Tom Hardwick from the Academy as No 3 choice after Ford and Toomua
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Toomua won't be 2nd choice fly half. Mauger has already said other fly halves are being looked at- which could mean almost signed.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I agree Ellis,he will just cover at times. Is there still talk of Joe Ford? I have to admit I'm not too keen.third choice yes but he's definitely not a second choice FH.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

There was a rumour if a sh fly half, but no names mentioned. They seem pretty relaxed about it interviews though.
cheers
Rich
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Sorry Ellis9 but I beg to disagree if this board knew what it is doing then Cockerill would have been sacked years ago and we would have a different set of players and not have suffered this seasons humiliations. In fact the only two things the board have got right in the last 18 months are the appointments of Mauger & Murphy.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Noddy555 wrote:Sorry Ellis9 but I beg to disagree if this board knew what it is doing then Cockerill would have been sacked years ago and we would have a different set of players and not have suffered this seasons humiliations. In fact the only two things the board have got right in the last 18 months are the appointments of Mauger & Murphy.
Big hairy danglers. Over the cliff, matey, Try Line Club and all.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Noddy555 wrote:Sorry Ellis9 but I beg to disagree if this board knew what it is doing then Cockerill would have been sacked years ago and we would have a different set of players and not have suffered this seasons humiliations. In fact the only two things the board have got right in the last 18 months are the appointments of Mauger & Murphy.
Cockerill appointed Murphy to the coaching team and he also chose to bring Mauger in. Ok, Maugers role has changed slightly since Cockerill went but if you're praising both Mauger and Murphy as coaches then you should praise Cockerill for appointing them.

What do base your praise on for Mauger? You don't rate Cockerill who brought success to the club but you rate Mauger who up until we played weaker opponents in Gloucester and Bristol, couldn't get the backs to create anything. Before you say Cockerill was stopping him do that, if he was as good as you seem to make out, he'd be able to come up with a system that when the ball got to the backs, they could do some damage.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I've heard strong suggestions of Toby Flood coming back. He'd fit the bill perfectly.