Etu Nabuli

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Etu Nabuli

Post by fortysix »

Just seen this no 11 here in Perth close up..wish we could grab him before someone else does.Scored 3 tries v Western Force but still lost. Reckon most Premiership sides would beat either, forwards weak up front..
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Etu Nabuli

Post by strawclearer »

fortysix wrote:Just seen this no 11 here in Perth close up..wish we could grab him before someone else does.Scored 3 tries v Western Force but still lost. Reckon most Premiership sides would beat either, forwards weak up front..
28 year old winger...not sure that's really a priority?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Surely it's E tu, Brute ?
Conor O'Shea would snap him up then!!
tjs10
Super User
Super User

Post by tjs10 »

fortysix wrote:Just seen this no 11 here in Perth close up..wish we could grab him before someone else does.Scored 3 tries v Western Force but still lost. Reckon most Premiership sides would beat either, forwards weak up front..
Did you go to the game last night then?
I wanted to go but Thursday evenings aren't convenient for me. Decent rugby is thin on the ground in WA and the fact that Force is the best on offer isn't great so it was a shame I missed the (very) rare treat of a WF victory.

After years of being spoiled by the success of Leicester Tigers, now having to make do with Western Force as my "local" club is a bit of a come down.

Oh well, i'll try to get to the Chiefs game next month, though there is no chance of that game ending in a victory for the home side...
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

You moved over that way then Tim? Nice way of life?

You can console yourself with knowing that at least you'll have decent opposition coming your way. It was a comfort to me when I was watching one of the Blues' dire seasons!!
tjs10
Super User
Super User

Post by tjs10 »

Iain wrote:You moved over that way then Tim? Nice way of life?

You can console yourself with knowing that at least you'll have decent opposition coming your way. It was a comfort to me when I was watching one of the Blues' dire seasons!!

Yes, I emigrated to Perth exactly 6 months ago today in fact!

Unfortunately decent RU is thin on the ground here (bottom-scrapers Western Force & the very occasional Wallabies international). Perth Spirit won the NRC last season but the standard isn't the same.

I can't even console myself with decent RL instead as, aside from 2 games in the RLWC this year (admittedly Eng v Fra & Wal v Ire), the only RL games here are occasional on-the-road fixtures.

I'm just hoping that Western Force don't get cut from Super Rugby as is rumoured as I need my occasional live rugby fix!

Hockey may pay my wages but watching it isn't the same to watching rugby, and I still don't understand any sport that awards points for missing the goal (AFL)...
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

tjs10 wrote:
Hockey may pay my wages but watching it isn't the same to watching rugby, and I still don't understand any sport that awards points for missing the goal (AFL)...
I'm going to advocate for AFL here, it's an extraordinarily difficult game, and I prefer such quirks over simple rules and a dreary game (ie soccer/basketball).

I'm pretty sure it stems from the fact that it's played on a cricket field - 6 is the most accomplished shot, and 1 is scored for a shot 'good, but not perfect/greatly timed'. It's got the quality of urban myth, but this is what I've heard.