Exeter Chiefs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Exeter Chiefs

Post by Scott1 »

Iceman 19,is that your own website? If so you used to post on the DT under a different name?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Happy with that team - at least with Croft playing we can attack their lineout and try to stop that maul. Genge and Williams off the bench after 50 mins will be great .
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I'm wondering if the half back thing is that they are now training as pairs, kitto/Williams and Harrison/Burns.
As Austin said a couple of weeks ago both 10s are leaving so there should be no favouritism and the coaches feel this is the best mix
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Could be Bunchy but when you get a winning team and the confidence that comes with it certain changes that appear to be just cosmetic are not needed, after all scrum half is one of the pivotal positions in the team. I know because that was my position playing for the school and at junior county level way back in the early sixties, why change things just for the sake of it?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Noddy555 wrote:Could be Bunchy but when you get a winning team and the confidence that comes with it certain changes that appear to be just cosmetic are not needed, after all scrum half is one of the pivotal positions in the team. I know because that was my position playing for the school and at junior county level way back in the early sixties, why change things just for the sake of it?
You know it's pivotal because you played there and therefore it must be pivotal because only a man as grand as Noddy could possibly play there.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

8/11 Tigers, 7/4 Chiefs... interesting....

Going to be a lovely night for running rugby :smt002
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Strong looking sides, but I fancy the way we are playing a home victory will prevail as we motor towards the top 4 again.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrrrssssssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

It looks like the rain will relent a couple of hours before kick off which would be good from a point of those on the terrace and hopefully the watchability of the match.

I've honestly no idea how it is going to go. I'm sort of nervous and excited at the same time. Can only hope for the best.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

It will be wet conditions which I think will suit the Chiefs driving maul rather more than our current quick handling game but I will be there KEEPING THE FAITH!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

If we win this one, I think we are serious contenders this season again, however it is a HUGE if and if I am honest I see there only being one result tonight and it is us coming second by a distance .... please please please prove me wrong
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Chobbsy wrote:If we win this one, I think we are serious contenders this season again, however it is a HUGE if and if I am honest I see there only being one result tonight and it is us coming second by a distance .... please please please prove me wrong
Chin up and take some happy pills Chobbsy, it could also be us coming first by some distance.

Think positively and KTF :smt023

Then IF we get beaten (if we do I don't believe it'll be by some distance) we can all lament on what could/should/might have been :smt006
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
LittleBigG

Post by LittleBigG »

Chobbsy wrote:If we win this one, I think we are serious contenders this season again, however it is a HUGE if and if I am honest I see there only being one result tonight and it is us coming second by a distance .... please please please prove me wrong
I seem to remember the Exeter fans coming up here last season full of confidence and everyone Doom-mongering that we were going to get a pasting. Turned out it was all over by 50 mins, and if we hadn't let up (like we always do, grrrrrrr) because we were so far ahead, it would have been a right thrashing!

Obviously it is a new season, new scenario, etc, but I will never write Tigers off at Welford Road before the game has even started!
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Seem to remember a few people wrote us off against Quins as well
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

northerntiger wrote:Seem to remember a few people wrote us off against Quins as well
I think an in form Chiefs is a bit different from a depleted Quins

I am more than happy to be proved wrong
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Slow delivery from Kitto + lazy kick from Williams = 7 points lost. Schoolboy errors! :smt011
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives