Exeter Chiefs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Exeter Chiefs

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

Weather looks naff, but as all forecasts go, they change like the weather... but I don't care, my first visit for 18 months... gee have I missed it.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

drc_007 As regards Peter Betham and his preference Pete actually came and visited the try Line club when he first came and I'm always the first member there about 3 hours before the game, Among about 4 questions I asked him was what shirt No. do you prefer and he answered No. 13 outside centre. Is that conclusive enough for you mate or do you want it in writing as well?
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Coops wrote:
Soggypitch wrote: Darn it, didn't realise it was forecast persisting down!!! No cover on the terrace, best take my hiking coat...
Can offer you a place in Crumbie stand, I won't be going as its too late for the kids and the Mrs is out.

Let me know.
That's very kind of you Coops but there are 4 of us, so I better not slope off to shelter on my own!

Thanks anyway!!
Soggypitch
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Soggypitch wrote:
Coops wrote:
Soggypitch wrote: Darn it, didn't realise it was forecast persisting down!!! No cover on the terrace, best take my hiking coat...
Can offer you a place in Crumbie stand, I won't be going as its too late for the kids and the Mrs is out.

Let me know.
That's very kind of you Coops but there are 4 of us, so I better not slope off to shelter on my own!

Thanks anyway!!
That's a shame Soggypitch, I actually have 3x seats in the Crumbie which won't be used.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Noddy555 wrote:drc_007 As regards Peter Betham and his preference Pete actually came and visited the try Line club when he first came and I'm always the first member there about 3 hours before the game, Among about 4 questions I asked him was what shirt No. do you prefer and he answered No. 13 outside centre. Is that conclusive enough for you mate or do you want it in writing as well?
NODDY TRY LINE CLUB KLAXON!!!!!!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Noddy555 wrote:drc_007 As regards Peter Betham and his preference Pete actually came and visited the try Line club when he first came and I'm always the first member there about 3 hours before the game, Among about 4 questions I asked him was what shirt No. do you prefer and he answered No. 13 outside centre. Is that conclusive enough for you mate or do you want it in writing as well?
I have also asked PB where he prefers playing and I recall, I think, that he definitely said at 14 on the right wing, it wasn't in the T** L*** C*** though and it may have been after a match where he'd had to tackle a lot more than he'd been used to in his usual wing berth, so it could have been slightly 'tongue in cheek'.

I did expect him to say '13 Outside centre' as that was his assigned position for the day and he was wearing that shirt, that would have been the corporate and diplomatic answer, not wishing to upset those who selected him at 13, but I appreciated his candour :smt023

I don't have it in writing, or even on video, but it's 100% true (Well, 99.99%......... :smt002 )
Last edited by WhitecapTiger on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Iain wrote:
NODDY TRY LINE CLUB KLAXON!!!!!!
Did Noddy mention the Try Line Club again?

And his privileged 3 hour early entry into said Try Line Club?

And his personal contact with yet another of our star players?

Well I never!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Nailsworthstiger wrote:Weather looks naff, but as all forecasts go, they change like the weather... but I don't care, my first visit for 18 months... gee have I missed it.
My concern is we were useless every time it rained last season. Like we'd forgotten how to play in wet weather. I don't recall off the top of my head any really rainy games this season (I'm sure someone will remind me of course...) but I do hope we don't resort to those days.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

So nothing substantive then.
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

I think in this case there's a difference to what he prefers and what his best position is. I watch a lot of Super Rugby and whilst he was at the 'Tahs he played 13 once in my recollection. The rest of the time he was a winger, and had a couple of games at full back too. His only caps for Australia were on the wing.

I prefer him there too to be honest. He is big, strong and fast but for me he doesn't have the variation to his game to play 13. This season in particular every time he gets it he seems to swerve towards the outside without any handoff and get tackled on the gain line. I don't see him challenging the inside defence often at all.
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
rcooper

Post by rcooper »

Hi Coops, I would take the tickets off your hands if you still have them, what do you want for them? Thanks
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

rcooper wrote:Hi Coops, I would take the tickets off your hands if you still have them, what do you want for them? Thanks
I have replied to your PM.
Brianf

Post by Brianf »

here is the Exeter team, courtesy of its website

15 Phil Dollman
14 Olly Woodburn
13 Ian Whitten
12 Ollie Devoto
11 James Short
10 Henry Slade
9 Stuart Townsend
1 Carl Rimmer
2 Luke Cowan-Dickie
3 Harry Williams
4 Mitch Lees
5 Geoff Parling
6 Don Armand (capt)
7 Kai Horstmann
8 Thomas Waldrom

16 Jack Yeandle
17 Ben Moon
18 Tomas Francis
19 Jonny Hill
20 Sam Simmonds
21 Jack Maunder
22 Joe Simmonds
23 Sam Hill
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Tiger's team (posted on Twitter):

Veainu, Thompstone, Smith, Mermoz, JPP, Williams, Kitto, Rizzo, Youngs (c), Bateman, Fitzgerald, Barrow, Croft, O'Connor, Hamilton

Subs:

McGuigan, Genge, Cilliers, Williams, McCaffrey, Harrison, Burns, Betham
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Skin_and_Muscle wrote:Tiger's team (posted on Twitter):

Veainu, Thompstone, Smith, Mermoz, JPP, Williams, Kitto, Rizzo, Youngs (c), Bateman, Fitzgerald, Barrow, Croft, O'Connor, Hamilton

Subs:

McGuigan, Genge, Cilliers, Williams, McCaffrey, Harrison, Burns, Betham
Wet weather team with very strong bench. Will all be decided in the last quarter