Tonights Performance

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Tonights Performance

Post by Noddy555 »

Great away win tonight but a pity we couldn't quite get the bonus point. Still now level with Bath on 47 points. Let's hope they have a bad day at the office tomorrow.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: Tonights Performance

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Noddy555 wrote:Great away win tonight but a pity we couldn't quite get the bonus point. Still now level with Bath on 47 points. Let's hope they have a bad day at the office tomorrow.
A good win, albeit a frustrating last few minutes. The momentum was lost when Freddie went off and effectively the whole back line dynamic changed several times in the space of 5 minutes. That said, the win was the important thing given their home record and our away record, and denying the BP to Quins.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Noddy555 wrote:Great away win tonight but a pity we couldn't quite get the bonus point. Still now level with Bath on 47 points. Let's hope they have a bad day at the office tomorrow.
Will have to wait till Sunday!!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Haven't got a clue on the game as away for Mrs TC's birthday weekend in Malvern but I'll take the 4 points thank you!!
Barf , Chiefs and Saracens can smell the Tigers breath on their shoulders!!
Well done boys
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Great performance tonight, if been more clinical early on we would have battered them, the ref helped them late on with loads of penalties.
Tigers of old was shown tonight.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Overall, Mr Richards' performance was appalling. Hardly a line out was straight ( including ours), to the point that Quins had to lean out to take their own ball at one stage, but not one was picked up. He was oblivious to several knock ons and forward passes, and not looking closer at Quin's try off the corner flag was simply farcical!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Bobmac
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Bobmac »

Good result, which could of been better if more clinical in the first half. Mr Richards must of fell out with TMO as seemed reluctant to want to speak to him!!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Given that this performance is just the 3rd Prem game under 'the new regime' there is a lot to be praised but still a lot to do. I thought the first half was a bit dour but given the Quins luck of the bounce for their 7 points the score line was about right with the Tigers not making more out of their possession? 2nd 40 was intense by the Tigers and the Tigers bench worked a treat!! Genge was superb as was Harrision and Freddie. Get the rest of the guys back and playing off the same hymn sheet and it can only get better. Dan Cole eluded to the off-loading part of the game with England and the need to be aware. If the Fatties buy into it then given the rest of the season to implement the changes all must be better for next season? :smt027 :smt027 :smt026 :smt026
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

loretta wrote:Overall, Mr Richards' performance was appalling. Hardly a line out was straight ( including ours), to the point that Quins had to lean out to take their own ball at one stage, but not one was picked up. He was oblivious to several knock ons and forward passes, and not looking closer at Quin's try off the corner flag was simply farcical!
I'd add to that his apparent desperation to bin/card a Tigers player towards then end, resulting in Hamilton being carded for a line out offence - which I don't think amounted to anything let alone a card.

Couple that with Quins receiving no warning at all (that I recall) for their similar repeated infringements earlier in the 2nd half (albeit some were a little further out than ours) and at best you could say Sir was 'inconsistent' in his application, or interpretation, of the laws.

IMHO.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
sebco
Tiger Cub

Post by sebco »

can someone just tell me again why we are swapping Freddie for George.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Maybe wrong, but same ref who took about 10 scrum resets/pens at WR a couple of seasons ago before awarding penalty try? :smt017
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

sebco wrote:can someone just tell me again why we are swapping Freddie for George.
Of course, I'll tell you. Freddie Burns is a very good player but George Ford is better. It's quite a simple explanation really.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

ellis9 wrote:
sebco wrote:can someone just tell me again why we are swapping Freddie for George.
Of course, I'll tell you. Freddie Burns is a very good player but George Ford is better. It's quite a simple explanation really.
Spoken with the accuracy about 10's that we would expect from somebody who thinks Owen F is rubbish. It's a opinion of course but I firmly believe that Freddie's all round game is better than George's.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
LJS

Post by LJS »

Great sign that Tigers can overcome an awful set of officials away from home with a real fighting performance. The defence in the last 10 mins was ferocious and we showed a real desire to stop Quins getting over the line. Shame the ref had other ideas..

It was a shame Mike W and JPP couldn't quite link up from the set move following the line out, that was a very nicely worked opportunity.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
loretta wrote:Overall, Mr Richards' performance was appalling. Hardly a line out was straight ( including ours), to the point that Quins had to lean out to take their own ball at one stage, but not one was picked up. He was oblivious to several knock ons and forward passes, and not looking closer at Quin's try off the corner flag was simply farcical!
I'd add to that his apparent desperation to bin/card a Tigers player towards then end, resulting in Hamilton being carded for a line out offence - which I don't think amounted to anything let alone a card.

Couple that with Quins receiving no warning at all (that I recall) for their similar repeated infringements earlier in the 2nd half (albeit some were a little further out than ours) and at best you could say Sir was 'inconsistent' in his application, or interpretation, of the laws.

IMHO.
I seem to remember he can be inconsistent - but I actually like the way he doesn't constantly run to the TMO, unlike some. I would also say that my impression last night was that he got the big calls right. However, I was surrounded by Quins fans who were convinced he was a tiger! I was right on the Tigers' tryline at the end and don't think we can argue with the card for Hamilton (we'd given 4 or 5 away in quick succession). Mind you, I promise that if when I've seen the tv catch-up it turns out I'm wrong, I'll come back and offer a full retraction!