Team's up v Quins:

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Team's up v Quins:

Post by TigerCam »

Soggypitch wrote:Good side. Not sure about blooding Wells in the AP for such an important game, but perhaps I underestimate him.

Got to happen sometime? + he has played pretty well so why not?

Williams and Hamilton were our best players last week, so v unlucky to be on the bench, but v pleased to see Locky back.

Good bench, maybe in the same vain as Eddie's 'Finishers

I hope Betham reacts well to being let off the naughty step and has a blinder, he has all the talent, just in his head!!

Didn't know he was on the naughty step? Maybe with the extra pace in the backline he will feel at home - certainly talented

Looking forward to it, early drink tomorrow evening then feet up on the sofa with a curry!!

Sounds like a plan - damn good one too :smt023
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Like this team it's full of workmanlike players who normally give 100%. The only exception is that I would have started with Williams and Burns would have been on the bench. I rate Lachlan McCaffrey it's always a toss up between him and Luke Hamilton for the number 8 slot. With Harlequins missing so many of the first team squad on England duty I expect a win and it would be so much nicer if we could grab an extra bonus point because that would put pressure on Bath who play on Saturday.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Wow, should smash them with that team, great backline, this could be another 5 pointer! :smt045
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerCam wrote:
Soggypitch wrote:Good side. Not sure about blooding Wells in the AP for such an important game, but perhaps I underestimate him.

Got to happen sometime? + he has played pretty well so why not?

Williams and Hamilton were our best players last week, so v unlucky to be on the bench, but v pleased to see Locky back.

Good bench, maybe in the same vain as Eddie's 'Finishers

I hope Betham reacts well to being let off the naughty step and has a blinder, he has all the talent, just in his head!!

Didn't know he was on the naughty step? Maybe with the extra pace in the backline he will feel at home - certainly talented

Looking forward to it, early drink tomorrow evening then feet up on the sofa with a curry!!

Sounds like a plan - damn good one too :smt023
I think most of it is rotation. Thompstone said he'd been given two weeks off during the AWC and had been on holiday - maybe the same for some others as the back line returns to fitness.

As for Hamilton, he's had a busy month or so; putting McCaffrey back in makes sense. There's still a lot of rugby to go.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="LE18"]Wow, should smash them with that team, great backline, this could be another 5 pointer! :smt045[/quote]

I hope you are right. There is a lot of rotation from Tigers - hope they gel.
Agree about the backline, but don't dismiss Quins too lightly as I think they are unbeaten at home in the AP this season - so far!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

MurphysLaw wrote: I hope you are right. There is a lot of rotation from Tigers - hope they gel.
Agree about the backline, but don't dismiss Quins too lightly as I think they are unbeaten at home in the AP this season - so far!
They've not played us yet

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrrsssssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

tigerburnie wrote:
MurphysLaw wrote: I hope you are right. There is a lot of rotation from Tigers - hope they gel.
They've not played us yet

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrrsssssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Not played Wasps or Exeter either but did get a result against Sarries and Bath. However In this 6N period I think a W is a real possibility.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Tigercam, I say Betham's been on the naughty step because so far as we know, he's not been injured but dropped for the last two weekends. Quite rightly after recent performances.

BUT we've all seen him play brilliantly and as I said, if his head's right, he should link up with Mermoz and Veaniu superbly! Let's hope so.
Soggypitch
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Quins at home is like we used to be: very proud team, rarely beaten and though they have two front rowers out, ( we have Logo, Cole, Ayerza) their pack has dominated ours at their place in the last few seasons with a similar pack for tomorrow.This is the game when we will see if Tigers have moved on from The Cockerill era. Lose and it will be a blow to top four hopes. Win and it will give the team a huge lift for the rest of the season. And another thing, when have Tigers played well away from home on a Friday: at least the Stoop has proper grass!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Visser (playing for Scotland) is a big loss for them on top of their England contingent.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

rdracup wrote:And Quins (unbeaten at home in AP) are:

15. Aaron Morris
14. Marland Yarde
13. Joe Marchant
12. Matt Hopper
11. Alofa Alofa
10. Nick Evans
9. Charlie Mulchrone

1. Mark Lambert
2. Rob Buchanan
3. Adam Jones
4. George Merrick
5. Charlie Matthews
6. James Chisholm
7. Dave Ward (C)
8. Mat Luamanu

16. Joe Gray
17. Owen Evans
18. Matt Shields
19. Stan South
20. George Naoupu
21. Luc Jones
22. Ruaridh Jackson
23. Charlie Walker
Avery decent side, not to be taken lightly
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

It is a decent Quinn's side, but up front they are missing, Marler, Sinclair, Horwell, Reddish, Robshaw, Wallace and Clifford. Almost their entire pack, and Adam Jones is more a coach than a player these days
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Eddie Jones: "There was never any doubt Dylan was going to start the game... he's our captain and first picked on the team sheet."

Meanwhile, back at Welford Road...
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Soggypitch wrote:Tigercam, I say Betham's been on the naughty step because so far as we know, he's not been injured but dropped for the last two weekends. Quite rightly after recent performances.

BUT we've all seen him play brilliantly and as I said, if his head's right, he should link up with Mermoz and Veaniu superbly! Let's hope so.
Betham has been injured - slight knock to the leg
Less is more....
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

ourla wrote:Visser (playing for Scotland) is a big loss for them on top of their England contingent.
:smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat