Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Owen Farrell

Post by Soggypitch »

ellis9 wrote:
G.K wrote:Overrated. There's a question as to whether he or Ford should be playing 10 for England but personally I don't rate him that much at 12. He's just playing as a second 10 with 12 on his back. For me although he can throw a good pass he doesn't have the ability to draw a defender or make a decent line break and as a result England haven't had much of an attacking threat in the 6N
I'm surprised! It has been 4 hours since you posted this and no one has called you an idiot or clueless like they do when I say Farrell isn't very good.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion - yours used to be that Farrell was "rubbish". I see that has now been watered down to not very good.

He has been eulogised in the press recently by virtually all professional rugby commentators/ex players such as BOD, Healey, Woodward, M Johnson, E Jones - the list goes on...!!
I've not heard any ex player/professional commentator, say Farrell is anything other than excellent, with a winning attitude. You and GK can think differently, but the majority of us will not agree with you, understandably, as you are wrong!!
Soggypitch
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

He's very good. Surely even the most one eyed of us now accept this?
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Iain wrote:He's very good. Surely even the most one eyed of us now accept this?
Not Ellis Iain!! He will never admit he's wrong about anything, although to be fair he now only says OF is not very good, no longer rubbish!
Soggypitch
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I'll always admit when I'm wrong. I just haven't had to do that much on here. If Farrell ever changes the way he plays to how I believe a fly half should play, then I will admit he is a good player. Until that moment arises, I believe that he isn't a very good player/is a poor player/is a rubbish player- they all constitute that he isn't good enough.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

OK, how exactly should a fly half play? :smt017
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I can't be bothered to explain myself over and over again but it simple terms here are players that play/ed as a fly half should:

Jonny Wilkinson
George Ford
Freddie Burns
Danny Cipriani
Dan Carter
Charlie Hodgson

To name a few.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Ellis 9 I know where you are coming from as I too once had my doubts about Farrell as either a centre or a fly half, but he has seemed to gain something over the last 12 months that defines a good player from a great player, His fitness and ability are without question but now he has also acquired wisdom and the ability to read a game, He may have been coached in this by his dad who was an excellent Rugby League player but who seemed unable to transfer this to Union. Andy Farrell though is an excellent coach as obviously the Irish RFU have recognised by appointing him their backs coach, Stay with Owen a little longer I'm sure he will surprise you. After all he is still relatively a young chap.