DoR

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: DoR

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Old Hob wrote:Rugby tonight Extra had short interview with Simon Cohen and Mauger; no real information forthcoming. "Most clubs have 4 or 5 on a list", said SC, "Yes, AM is in possession." AM said he would work under someone else if that was the right person. AM was ambiguous, I thought, saying he wanted to finish what he'd started which seems to inply keeping a hands on role rather than being a more distant DOR but throwing his hat in for DOR's job.
"short" being the operative word. I think I could count the number of seconds that SC was talking on the fingers of one hand. NM probably spent more time asking the (single) question than SC did answering it. :smt019
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Old Hob wrote:Rugby tonight Extra had short interview with Simon Cohen and Mauger; no real information forthcoming. "Most clubs have 4 or 5 on a list", said SC, "Yes, AM is in possession." AM said he would work under someone else if that was the right person. AM was ambiguous, I thought, saying he wanted to finish what he'd started which seems to inply keeping a hands on role rather than being a more distant DOR but throwing his hat in for DOR's job.
"short" being the operative word. I think I could count the number of seconds that SC was talking on the fingers of one hand. NM probably spent more time asking the (single) question than SC did answering it. :smt019
Nick Mullins originally tweeted that his interview with SC was due for broadcast on Friday. Maybe Wednesday's version was just a 'taster'?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

strawclearer wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:
Nick Mullins originally tweeted that his interview with SC was due for broadcast on Friday. Maybe Wednesday's version was just a 'taster'?
As both programmes are called Rugby Tonight Extra and occupy a 30 minute slot, I would expect them to be the same, along with the multiple showings today. There wasn't any mention of anything like an extended version on the BT Sport website. Talking of which, episode 8 is available to view and it is episode 8 scheduled on Friday. Not having a go, Strawclearer, just don't want anyone getting hopes up too much. :smt023
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I would assume most of the potential candidates are already under contract elsewhere and not too keen to keen to publicly express interest in the Tigers role or have it bandied around by Tigers or the press.

If they don't get the Tigers job it will probably make the situation at their existing role difficult or impossible for them to remain in post. Their existing clubs might reluctantly accept that their coach/DOR might be tempted by a national side but not so accepting of them looking at a rival club.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Well...Claudio Ranieri's available!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

My sources say that a short list of three exists. A South African, an Australian and the current head coach Aaron Mauger.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Noddy555 wrote:My sources say that a short list of three exists. A South African, an Australian and the current head coach Aaron Mauger.
I really hope that your sources are way, way, way off the mark then!
The South African probably being Johann van Graan which is underwhelming. I'm not sure who the Australian is but unless it's Pat Howard then forget it. Then we have Mauger who has no DOR experience and already said he doesn't really want the DOR job and would prefer to stay as Head Coach. Surely we wouldn't appoint someone who doesn't want the job! So realistically, we are down to the Aussie and the South African. Oh dear!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

ellis9 wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:My sources say that a short list of three exists. A South African, an Australian and the current head coach Aaron Mauger.
The South African probably being Johann van Graan which is underwhelming. I'm not sure who the Australian is but unless it's Pat Howard then forget it. Then we have Mauger who has no DOR experience and already said he doesn't really want the DOR job and would prefer to stay as Head Coach. Surely we wouldn't appoint someone who doesn't want the job! So realistically, we are down to the Aussie and the South African. Oh dear!
One can only hope one is White. At least he knows his arras from his elbow.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Hopefully Jake White isn't one!

I am absolutely dreading the announcement when it happens. I can already see myself cringing and being massively disappointed!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

ellis9 wrote:
Matt O'Connor.....Come on Down...... :smt002 :smt003 :smt006
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
scrum1/2
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by scrum1/2 »

Bring back Paddy H :smt026
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

strawclearer wrote:Well...Claudio Ranieri's available!
I suppose he's got about as much rugby union coaching experience as some of the names being suggested on here as potential saviours of the club!
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

mol2 wrote:
strawclearer wrote:Well...Claudio Ranieri's available!
I suppose he's got about as much rugby union coaching experience as some of the names being suggested on here as potential saviours of the club!
But does have trophy winning experience !!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
strawclearer wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:
As both programmes are called Rugby Tonight Extra and occupy a 30 minute slot, I would expect them to be the same, along with the multiple showings today. There wasn't any mention of anything like an extended version on the BT Sport website. Talking of which, episode 8 is available to view and it is episode 8 scheduled on Friday. Not having a go, Strawclearer, just don't want anyone getting hopes up too much. :smt023
It was an extended version of the interview broadcast this evening so Nick Mullins wasn't telling us porkies! Having said that, nothing we didn't already know, I suspect.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

scrum1/2 wrote:Bring back Paddy H :smt026

If only :smt026
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat